"These aren't Bo Pelini's Cornhuskers, folks."

i can see where Wisconsin fans would say something like that. They got used to the seal clubbing they always gave to Nebraska before Riley got here.

LOL LOL LOL Seal clubbing! That is gut ripping funny right there! Thanks commando - I needed a great laugh. The term is so appropriate and funny at the same time. Hard to laugh so hard about the Huskers getting whipped but ! Thanks.

My God. I've done my share of responding to this troll but at some point we all need to pretend he doesn't exist.

Putting him on ignore works really well. I'm surprised more people haven't done it.
It doesn't work really well at all.

I'd love to see a top-ten list of most-blocked posters.

We could give out a "MBP" award at the end of the regular season. I wonder who would win it?

Pelini's Huskers would have folded under like a wet noodle after Wiscy's 1st td.

Can you go back through the records and see who has the biggest comeback win as a Huskers coach?

Report back what you find and then square it with what you say.

You wouldn't be a Cowpukes fan would you? Because you just used the Tony Romo defense. "But, but he has the most comebacks in Cowboys history! He's a good QB!" The problem in both of these cases is that you have to get behind in a game and in PeLLLLini's case by enough points to break a record like that which by the way isn't a good thing. So by saying that Riley hasn't had the biggest comeback in school history is a good thing because he hasn't had the chance because he hasn't fallen that far behind which also mean that we are more competitive now than we were under little Bo bleep.

My God. I've done my share of responding to this troll but at some point we all need to pretend he doesn't exist.

Putting him on ignore works really well. I'm surprised more people haven't done it.
It doesn't work really well at all.

I'd love to see a top-ten list of most-blocked posters.

We could give out a "MBP" award at the end of the regular season. I wonder who would win it?

Oooooo I know who it is! I know! Starts with a number ...

Speaking of Pelini, what did his kid tweet out that drew attn but was quickly deleted? I saw it across my timeline of some husker dude retweeting it with comment "apple dont fall far from the tree" then shortly after one of our beat guys asking folks to not bother the kid about it. Ive seen nothing more since.

That f'ing guys gonna haunt us for decades aint he?

f695dc09a1a3c9d7b78a96e1e92a538d.jpg

A great line from a post-game column here in Madison:

Oates

I have to admit I thought hiring Riley was a head-scratcher, but the Nebraska team this year is much improved over what the Badgers have seen recently. A little better passing from your QB position, and you would be even stronger.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Jeez, sorry to start a circular firing squad, guys. I came over here as a Badger fan trying to pay you a little compliment on what I perceived as a much better team than what Pelini ever put on the field against us. A lot of Wisconsin fans are saying the same thing.

I'll just go away and let you yell at each other for how far you've sunk this year, being 7-1, still ranked in the top 10, and controlling your destiny in the division and all. :facepalm:

Thanks for the compliment. I am one of those that doesn't think the world is falling apart simply because we were 7-0 and now we are 7-1.

It won't be long and we'll be beating you again. :)

No, just in games that mattered, specifically since we joined the Big Ten.

Tell us all again, which games "don't matter" in conference play?

I really could give half a sh!t about Pelini, but it is comments like this that set me off. If we lose to Rutgers or Purdue, they really, REALLY do matter. Does anybody here believe different?...anybody?...

Against a terrible Luke Fickell coached OSU who lost their starting QB at home...good job Pelini

So help me out here...are you saying a Bo Pelini win against Ohio State was less of an accomplishment than a Mike Riley loss against Wisconsin? If not, what are you saying?

Be careful, you are boxing yourself into a corner.

Against a terrible Luke Fickell coached OSU who lost their starting QB at home...good job Pelini

So help me out here...are you saying a Bo Pelini win against Ohio State was less of an accomplishment than a Mike Riley loss against Wisconsin? If not, what are you saying?

Be careful, you are boxing yourself into a corner.

At least Riley could beat UCLA, Michigan State, and Minnesota unlike Pelini.
  • Fire 1

I would much rather have 7 losses than ever see Mr. Pelini walk our sidelines again. But I felt that way from the first day he had the job. We had 7 losses last year, and this staff built on them, worked through them, gained the acceptance of this group of young men. That is something Mr. Pelini could never have done. He poisoned this team like he did when he left the first time.

How anyone can watch the departure video, and feel he cared for a second about Nebraska is beyond me. And watch the kids, none of them seemed shocked by his comments, they expected them, and some felt the exact same way. That is what this staff had to overcome, and my guess is there were very few in the country that could.

This curse will never go away. Gone for nearly two years and the piece of crap is still being praised as a great coach.

• Fire 4

Pelinis huskers would have likely crushed that delapidated wisky team. It's unfortunate that people want to keep bringing him up though.

I can understand badger fans loving our new system though.

there is nothing to support this as true

Author alone is enough to prove it false

Pelinis huskers would have likely crushed that delapidated wisky team. It's unfortunate that people want to keep bringing him up though.

I can understand badger fans loving our new system though.

Pelini's Huskers never crushed Wisconsin, ever. Even the 7-5 Wisconsin team that they squeaked by earlier in the year absolutely murdered the Huskers in Indy. And this Wisconsin team is better than that one.

I don't believe this Wisconsin team is better than that one. That Wisconsin team lost a ton of close games that year and was better on offense. We'll see how it plays out, but I could see Wisconsin dropping at least 2 more games this year.

so a team that losses close games can be good? except when you want to bag on the 2015 version of NU