***Official Ohio State Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

Ryker Fyfe may actually succeed...provided the playcalling is actually conducive towards allowing Fyfe to use his arm and not try his best Tommy emulation attempt.

Now Beckson needs to call pocket passing plays......he will probably dial up qb draws and more RPO......

Or QB option plays to the boundary that we've been wanting all year long.

What...exactly...makes you believe that going outside is going to succeed tonight? I want to know.

Because it was, save for when we had Ozigbo (our best North/South power runner) running the play. Or were you not paying attention when Tommy got the first on a boundary play (that he got hurt on)?

Huh? One play.

Have you watched our sweep plays...like...at all? How many have gone for positive yards? Answer anything above zero and you're wrong

Wrong. Our first series had three such plays that went for positive yardage. When Langsdorf got stupid and called boundary/finesse plays with Ozigbo in the backfield is when we were getting stuffed.

Our first series had 3 plays total. One being a pick six. Try again.

Sad part is, I can't even mad anymore. This has been the norm 18 years now.

Same here...I think we have the talent. Now the staff though.........at least the coordinators
I think the opposite.

Why do you think we have the talent ?

Is that what you think is on display tonight? Two equally talented teams with one just being severely out coached ?

I look at Carter, Westy, Reilly, DPE, Gerry, Kalu, Jones, Williams and don't see us that down in talent. On the ol, yes. DE, yes... but play calling blows. Langs is officially in the same boat as Watson and beck. Banker, please.
Sorry, but it's not really close. Morgan is pretty much the only player on offense good enough to play on a team like OSU. Gerry would play on defense, and Carter at TE.

The guys you listed are Nebraska player good, not start on a top 5 team good. Thats 19 out of 22 positions OSU has an edge.

• Fire 1

Why is it that everyone expected us to lose this game at the begining of the season. Now that we are, the staff needs to be fired. Are you kidding me???

Because we're getting boatraced. I think people would be good with a hard-fought game with a competent gameplan, but the latter has been non-existent, and the former...well, we've got a half to see.

It's like the Wisky game--we showed up, got kicked in the teeth, and came back. We would have won had we a better gameplan on offense. Now that poor playcalling is exposing us again.

I'm obviously not a husker guy, but I don't think Urban is trying to do anything but win a game. It's the first half; you have to put a foot on the throat if you can early. TO would make sure he had the game away in the first half if he could too; do you guys forget the domination in offense those teams had in the mid 90s and how many points they scored in the first half of games? The Husker fans from those times know Urban is not doing anything but playing football; he has no intention of making Nebraska look bad.

Our D-line can't get any push. So they try to play patty cake in hopes that they'll contain Barrett in the pocket. When we do blitz our LB's can't make the play. Banker is asking way too much from our db's right now. They're being forced to make the tackle and play pass coverage. Our D-line and LB's need to step up. [/size]

Banker doesn't have a choice with LB's who can't tackle and a DL who can't put pressure on the QB on their own. Our front 7 needs better athletes who are more disciplined and who can tackle, not this MRI arm tackling BS he has done all year.

MRI tonight shouldn't have even shown up. His crap tackles gave them those first downs....

Not going to win, but I think Gerry, westy, etc will play with some heart. Have to play a solid second half and move on to the next. Play to get into the big champ

That's not going to happen unless Wisky falters...and I don't think they will the rest of the year.

And do you really want this team to go up against Michigan?

That's possible with Wisconsin. And if it means playing in champ game vs not, yes.

Same here...I think we have the talent. Now the staff though.........at least the coordinators
I think the opposite.

Is that what you think is on display tonight? Two equally talented teams with one just being severely out coached ?

I look at Carter, Westy, Reilly, DPE, Gerry, Kalu, Jones, Williams and don't see us that down in talent. On the ol, yes. DE, yes... but play calling blows. Langs is officially in the same boat as Watson and beck. Banker, please.
Sorry, but it's not really close. Morgan is pretty much the only player on offense good enough to play on a team like OSU. Gerry would play on defense, and Carter at TE.

The guys you listed are Nebraska player good, not start on a top 5 team good. Thats 19 out of 22 positions OSU has an edge.

Westy?

I'm obviously not a husker guy, but I don't think Urban is trying to do anything but win a game. It's the first half; you have to put a foot on the throat if you can early. TO would make sure he had the game away in the first half if he could too; do you guys forget the domination in offense those teams had in the mid 90s and how many points they scored in the first half of games? The Husker fans from those times know Urban is not doing anything but playing football; he has no intention of making Nebraska look bad.

Only lame Husker fans are crying

Ryker Fyfe may actually succeed...provided the playcalling is actually conducive towards allowing Fyfe to use his arm and not try his best Tommy emulation attempt.

Now Beckson needs to call pocket passing plays......he will probably dial up qb draws and more RPO......

Or QB option plays to the boundary that we've been wanting all year long.

What...exactly...makes you believe that going outside is going to succeed tonight? I want to know.

Because it was, save for when we had Ozigbo (our best North/South power runner) running the play. Or were you not paying attention when Tommy got the first on a boundary play (that he got hurt on)?

Huh? One play.

Have you watched our sweep plays...like...at all? How many have gone for positive yards? Answer anything above zero and you're wrong

Wrong. Our first series had three such plays that went for positive yardage. When Langsdorf got stupid and called boundary/finesse plays with Ozigbo in the backfield is when we were getting stuffed.

Our first series had 3 plays total. One being a pick six. Try again.

Didn't count that one since it was such a failure. I'm talking about the one we got our FG on.

But go ahead and keep acting like a d***--you're still wrong, and will continue to be wrong.

Our D-line can't get any push. So they try to play patty cake in hopes that they'll contain Barrett in the pocket. When we do blitz our LB's can't make the play. Banker is asking way too much from our db's right now. They're being forced to make the tackle and play pass coverage. Our D-line and LB's need to step up. [/size]

Banker doesn't have a choice with LB's who can't tackle and a DL who can't put pressure on the QB on their own. Our front 7 needs better athletes who are more disciplined and who can tackle, not this MRI arm tackling BS he has done all year.

MRI tonight shouldn't have even shown up. His crap tackles gave them those first downs....

I'm glad we're all seeing the same thing.

I think the opposite.

And unfortunately Morgan have had a very good night.

I'm not mad at Urban. Hell, if I were him I would keep my ones in all game and push this score. The Huskers laid down after the first possession and will continue to tsk it in the ass.