Trump's cabinet

Let's wait until he actually does something. Actions speak a lot louder than reports and possibilities, no?

yes for sure - but part of the reason behind the thread is to speculate, guess, figure out before hand. After the cabinet is announced then we can tear apart or agree wt the appointees.

• Fire 1

I agree. Speculation is fun I guess. I'm kind of ignoring the process since I'm super busy ATM and throughly unenthused by the big T.

So far all I've heard have been Bannon and this anti-Semitic guy we've talked about a bit. All the other names I've heard in contention are mostly people who were already in his orbit during the primary and I'm thoroughly unimpressed. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Got a NYtimes alert that Kansas Republican Mike Pompeo is your new director of the CIA.

In other words, a Tea Partier who applauded the government shut down and whose wealth of intelligence experience includes being on the House Select Committee on Benghazi and saying Muslims who don't denounce "radical Islamic terrorism" are complicit in it.

On the same day we found out a reported racist was named AG and his kids are sitting in on meetings with foreign diplomats.

"The best people."

giphy.gif

• Fire 2

Got a NYtimes alert that Kansas Republican Mike Pompeo is your new director of the CIA.

In other words, a Tea Partier who applauded the government shut down and whose wealth of intelligence experience includes being on the House Select Committee on Benghazi and saying Muslims who don't denounce "radical Islamic terrorism" are complicit in it.

On the same day we found out a reported racist was named AG and his kids are sitting in on meetings with foreign diplomats.

"The best people."

giphy.gif

Look on the bright side, at least he didn't get named as head of the EPA.

Pompeo rejects the scientific consensus on climate change.[24] In 2013, he said, "There are scientists who think lots of different things about climate change. There's some who think we're warming, there's some who think we’re cooling, there's some who think that the last 16 years have shown a pretty stable climate environment."[24] Pompeo has referred to President Obama's environment and climate change plans as "damaging" and "radical".[25] Pompeo opposes the regulation of greenhouse gas emissions, and supports eliminating the Environmental Protection Agency's greenhouse gas registry program.[26] He has said that Obama's Clean Power Plan does not provide "any measurable environmental benefit."[25] He signed the Americans for Prosperity's No Climate Tax pledge.[27] He has called for the elimination of wind power production tax credits, calling them an "enormous government handout".[28]

Don't kid yourself. The head of the EPA will not believe in climate change and their job will be to get as close as they can to dismantling it.

It's fun when people who don't understand science or the environment are in charge. I mean, other than the health problems and death they'll be partially reaponsible for.

• Fire 1

I've tried going through and organizing exactly where we are at in this. Who am I missing?

Tranistion Team: Kids, Frank Gaffney, Mike Pence, Kris Kobash (advisor)

Chief of Staff Reince Priebus (RNC Chair)

Chief Strategist and Senior Counsel Stephen Bannon (Brietbart)

National Security Advisor Mike Flynn (General)

CIA Director Mike Pompeo (Kansas Rep.)

Secretary of State

Secretary of Treasurer

Secretary of Defense

Attorney General Jeff Sessions (Alabama Sen.)

Secretary of Interior

Secretary of Agriculture Sid Miller

Secretary of Commerce

Secretary of Labor

Secretary of and Human Services

Secretary of and Urban Development

Secretary of energy

Secretary of Transportation

Secretary of Veterans Affairs

Secretary of Homeland Security

Secretary of Education