Trump's cabinet

Which probably means the onus is on the rest of us that thinks that Bannon is an awful human being with disgusting ideals to pay very close attention to the actual policy passed under a Trump admin and call it out if he starts trying to sneak in anti-Semitic, white nationalist, or otherwise racially-charged legislation. If others wish to just normalize and accept Trump, and his policies truly exhibit a reflection of his heinous character, it's on those who stand in opposition to the ideas of men like Bannon to not simply give Trump and his administration a pass.

Trumpism only becomes normalized if those who stand in opposition to it let it go and do not vigorously scrutinize it.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/giuliani-conway-secretary-of-state-trump/2016/11/15/id/758921/

Giuliani has inside track as Sec of State. That comes as a surprise to me.

Also I also want to praise President Obama for how he is handling the transition as Conway does in this quote below. :thumbs

Conway also lauded President Barack Obama for Monday saying he believes Trump to be pragmatic and practical, rather than "ideological."

"I agree with President Obama's assessment about President-elect Donald Trump completely, and I am very thrilled that the president would tell the country that because it is an important voice to have out there right now," said Conway. "Those who spend a little bit of time beyond the caricatures, beyond the ridicule and get to know Donald Trump and listen to his message will come to a similar conclusion."

This is like having communist Van Jones in the White House but to the right.

Totally forgot about this. Melania Trump's father was a Communist.

Very interesting. Communists are everywhere. :madash

Well - I guess his kind was bit more freedom loving kind of communism so says the article :P :

Then, Slovenia was the northern region of Yugoslavia, ruled by Josip Broz Tito, a Communist dictator who kept his distance from the Soviet Union and allowed more freedoms than did other Eastern bloc leaders.

I certainly hope you're joking about Tito.

LINK

The Tito regime itself killed in cold blood some 500,000 people, mainly "collaborators," "anti-communists," rival guerrillas, Ustashi, and critics. Forced labor and imprisonment for opponents or undesirables was a characteristic of the Tito regime, as it was of other East European, post-war communist governments. After the war the Tito government tried to expel all ethnic Germans in the country, killing a number before and in the process. German POWs also were often killed before and after the war. Italian POWs and civilians were often killed as Tito's forces crossed the border into and occupied part of Italy before and immediately after the war. Based on the estimates of "anti-communists," opponents, and "collaborators" killed... I estimate the Tito government's democide as 585,000 to 2,130,000.

This is not to directly link Melania or her father to anything. It's to say Tito was a bad, bad dude.

• Fire 2

That's funny. . . . I never really understood the excitement from conservatives about Ben Carson. He is a great surgeon, has a great personal story, and gave 1 speech at the National Prayer Breakfast that we conservatives liked. For some reason, many thought that was enough for him to be President. He showed a total lack of understanding of the issues during the debates, much like our current President Elect.

• Fire 4

My whole life I've heard from my fellow Christians that we have to protect Israel. Now 81% of us voted for a guy with an antisemite Chief of Staff. I feel like I'm in a weird alternate reality.

Yeah, I think we all better be prepared for a great number of things that will feel like some kind of alternate reality.

• Fire 1

You cannot make this stuff up.

:facepalm:

Do these people even begin to think about how certain statements sound or are going to be viewed?

On top of the painfully obvious that the tweet points out, this guy was asking to be PRESIDENT of the USA. Ummm....now he doesn't feel qualified to run an agency in the government?

But....this guy supports and promoted a guy who ALSO has ZERO experience in running a governmental agency.

On top of that....as though there needs to be anything more.....is there any member of the future cabinet that has any experience in running a governmental agency?