Memorial Stadium video boards/ribbon board upgrades

I don't see why NU needs to increase capacity. The current capacity is just fine for NU's needs, and it could be more difficult to keep that full in future years, as more people begin to prefer the at home, TV experience.

Exactly we have trouble faking like we sell it out now. Why do we need more seats. If anything they need to decrease again

I don't see why NU needs to increase capacity. The current capacity is just fine for NU's needs, and it could be more difficult to keep that full in future years, as more people begin to prefer the at home, TV experience.

Pretty sure any changes would not be to increase capacity. At the very least, they will simply widen out the "seats" to make more room by having fewer "seats". If they find a way to do a major renovation it would almost assuredly include more suites like in north stadium and - again - fewer total seats. Other than wider seats, they are definitely looking at ways to increase and improve access to restroom and concession facilities.

I'm actually kind of surprised they didn't widen some of the seats in South Stadium last year like they did in North Stadium two years ago. Haven't heard anything for this year either though it could still come. The lack of doing that despite a decent amount of talk about it is the only reason I think they might still be trying to find some way to do a more-major renovation.

Pretty sure any changes would not be to increase capacity. At the very least, they will simply widen out the "seats" to make more room by having fewer "seats". If they find a way to do a major renovation it would almost assuredly include more suites like in north stadium and - again - fewer total seats. Other than wider seats, they are definitely looking at ways to increase and improve access to restroom and concession facilities.

I'm actually kind of surprised they didn't widen some of the seats in South Stadium last year like they did in North Stadium two years ago. Haven't heard anything for this year either though it could still come. The lack of doing that despite a decent amount of talk about it is the only reason I think they might still be trying to find some way to do a more-major renovation.

I would not be mad if they widened the seats in south stadium. As long as they don't add to the south a ton of seats it would be fine.

Another question that has been discussed before is why in the world is our students section in a corner section of the stadium? They should be on the South endzone in my opinion loud and on their feet so the people in the next rows up can see the game above them. I understand the old man has had seats forever argument, but it would bring a lot more enthusiasm and it would be loud when opponents try to score. Just a thought of mine nothing to major, but I doubt they move the student section over unless some petition were to go around with tons of signatures.

Maybe the South Stadium reno gets brought up after a successful season? Those things usually are a "take the temperature of the populace" kind of thing with the national economic situation. I wonder what the lifespan of Memorial Stadium is expected to be? I'm sure some would say in perpetuity with proper care. I always thought it was funny how professional baseball and football stadiums are labeled "decrepit" after 30 years but college stadiums are not painted with the same brush. I suppose that has to do with owners trying to procure public financing...but I am digressing from the original topic at hand.

• 1 month later...

On Sept. 2, when Nebraska begins the 2017 football season against Arkansas State at 7 p.m., fans will watch the famed Tunnel Walk unfold on what will be the first major update of video boards in Memorial Stadium since 2006.

The biggest change will be the addition of wrap-around video boards on the northeast and northwest towers. The same image can be displayed on either side of the board, or one image can stretch across and around the entire screen.

Now, fans in North Stadium won't have to turn around completely to view the big screen behind them; they can see the same concepts and images right before them on either tower.

Some fans will also enjoy wider seats, as seat width expansion has been changing Memorial Stadium's fan experience. The entire upper north stadium, rows 80 and above will now have a seat width ranging from 22-24 inches from the previous 18 inches. Along with the north seating completion for 2017, Section 14 in south stadium, rows 16-98, will have seat widths increase from 18 inches to 20-22 inches.

Huskers.com

On Sept. 2, when Nebraska begins the 2017 football season against Arkansas State at 7 p.m., fans will watch the famed Tunnel Walk unfold on what will be the first major update of video boards in Memorial Stadium since 2006.

The biggest change will be the addition of wrap-around video boards on the northeast and northwest towers. The same image can be displayed on either side of the board, or one image can stretch across and around the entire screen.

Now, fans in North Stadium won't have to turn around completely to view the big screen behind them; they can see the same concepts and images right before them on either tower.

Some fans will also enjoy wider seats, as seat width expansion has been changing Memorial Stadium's fan experience. The entire upper north stadium, rows 80 and above will now have a seat width ranging from 22-24 inches from the previous 18 inches. Along with the north seating completion for 2017, Section 14 in south stadium, rows 16-98, will have seat widths increase from 18 inches to 20-22 inches.

Huskers.com

Lol

Sickness! I'm in section 14!!!