Iowa's Faith Ekakitie says he was target of racial slurs from Nebraska player

Kernal

With a line including DJ Foster and David Knevel, do we really believe this happened? Don't you think those guys would have heard it and told the other guy to knock it the f#*k off?

Take this level headed posting out of here! We only want hot takes and wild speculation here at HB.

Thanks, HawkTalk. The only mention I've read about the past incident seemed to indicate he was overwhelmingly viewed in a positive light for his handling of the situation.

I'm not in the least bit worried about a negative reputation impact for the Huskers. I'm sure this sort of thing does happen a lot. And I think when it does, players should speak up about it rather than submit to an atmosphere that discourages them to for the sake of various football teams' reputations.

When Michael-Rose Ivey talked about the racial slurs he heard from even Husker fans, he wasn't painting all Husker fans as racist. But undoubtedly we, as a group, suffered an image blow for that.

Better to shine a lot, IMO. It's possible the Iowa player is merely blowing smoke or being unfair, but it's also possible this is quite serious. It's not unreasonably hard to be so above this that even a sniff of that sort of talk isn't tolerated, and things like this don't become incidents.

I don't like it when he says that Nebraska got what they deserved yesterday, primarily for the somewhat irrational reason that I root for Nebraska. But I can't begrudge him anger at what he came across. It seems like something to look into and take care of, and mostly I'm sorry he encountered anything like this to begin with. One hopes it was all a GIANT misunderstanding; that would be the best case.

With a line including DJ Foster and David Knevel, do we really believe this happened? Don't you think those guys would have heard it and told the other guy to knock it the f#*k off?

That was my first thought when I heard about this story.

also Tommy Armstrong right behind the center there

Not saying this didn't happen and I am not trying to invalidate this guy's experience though. It seems odd but it probably happened unfortunately

This whole thing is stupid. Stupid for our player to say something like that. And stupid for Ekakitie to go to the media with it. Do I think it happened? Yeah, probably. (Although neither I nor anyone in this thread have any way of knowing for sure.) Unfortunately, this sort of thing probably happens all the time. I'd guess it was one of our O-linemen trying to get under the guy's skin and draw a personal foul. Do I think our O-linemen are racists? No, absolutely not. Just look at our football team. Could you find a more integrated organization anywhere? That's why I think this whole thing is stupid. It's like the media wants to manufacture a controversy where there shouldn't be one. :facepalm:

This just in... people say ridiculous things on a football field. And some people do so with inappropriate and harsh words. They also get to legally maul one another. Not condoning the former... just saying it isn't the first time it has happened. I personally blame rap music.

Ha! Rap music cause someone to drop some racial slurs good one. I love rap music old and new and I've never used a racial slur in my life

This just in... people say ridiculous things on a football field. And some people do so with inappropriate and harsh words. They also get to legally maul one another. Not condoning the former... just saying it isn't the first time it has happened. I personally blame rap music.

Have you ever described rap as "hip-hop hogwash" in a letter? Be honest.

• Fire 3