Sipple: No good excuses for being pummeled by ordinary Iowa team

Saunders

Why did Iowa beat Nebraska 40-10?

Because offensively we had to rely on a Quarterback with a busted hamstring to chuck it around who has never been that accurate chucking it around. Defensively I have no clue what the hell happened, that was just piss poor on staff and players alike.

This is not what we HAD to do.

It is what we chose to do.

Here here. TA should not have been in the game. POB and Darlington were both available. And why did we run so many zone reads with a QB that can't run?

POB was never available yesterday. Fyfe and TA needed to die before we'd burn that redshirt.

• Fire 1

Because offensively we had to rely on a Quarterback with a busted hamstring to chuck it around who has never been that accurate chucking it around. Defensively I have no clue what the hell happened, that was just piss poor on staff and players alike.

Here here. TA should not have been in the game. POB and Darlington were both available. And why did we run so many zone reads with a QB that can't run?
POB was never available yesterday. Fyfe and TA needed to die before we'd burn that redshirt.
Riley would have played Zombie Armstrong before burning POB's redshirt. Zombie Armstrong is still more mobile than Tanner Lee.
  • Fire 1

POB didn't even travel for the game.

• Fire 1

Riley would have played Zombie Armstrong before burning POB's redshirt. Zombie Armstrong is still more mobile than Tanner Lee.

ZA!

Why are people still surprised when we go pass heavy?

Langs is as Langs does.

For Nebraska (9-3, 6-3), this defeat looked and felt awful for almost too many reasons to list.

Some folks will try to tell you it was a sign of the poor recruiting by the previous Nebraska coaching staff. But there's a problem with that tired song and dance: Iowa isn't exactly a juggernaut when it comes to recruiting rankings.

According to Rivals.com, Iowa's recruiting classes from 2012-16 were ranked 44th, 51st, 56th, 59th and 42nd.

During the same span, Nebraska's classes were 26th, 17th, 32nd, 28th and 26th.

Thing is, I don't need recruiting rankings to tell me what I already know, which is Iowa has no business beating this Nebraska team by 30 points, just as Ohio State had no business winning 62-3 on Nov. 5.

You'll hear misguided people say, "Well, Nebraska just isn't that good." But those people will look at you with blank stares when you point out that NU went toe-to-toe with Wisconsin only a month ago, and actually looked every bit as talented as the Badgers.

Which tells you there are systemic failures in Riley's program. There is simply no other way to explain Iowa dominating Nebraska to such a significant extent.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/sipple/steven-m-sipple-no-good-excuses-for-being-pummeled-by/article_2711612d-a582-5331-8fb6-c46a05a08a21.htm

You got that right, Sip. Lose by a TD or so, no problem; but this was no different than 63-3.

I'm not sure who is surprised. I'm certainly not. It's kind of been Langs' fall-back since he got here.

Not sure what that has to do with the above posts, though.

I'm not sure who is surprised. I'm certainly not. It's kind of been Langs' fall-back since he got here.

Not sure what that has to do with the above posts, though.

Seems pretty negative. Not sure that is called for.

Who else were we going to put in?

I'd love to be proven wrong, but I don't see Riley having any more success than Callahan did here. Need to get rid of this west coast offense garbage and commit to power football. Team turns soft any time they get punched in the mouth.

I'm not happy about yesterday, but we still have a chance to have the best record in a season since 2003. That is something to look forward to, with the expectation being we need to get better quickly.

If we won the bowl game our record will only be better because we didn't go to a conference championship and lose a 4th game.

Ok. We have many years under Bo and Bill that we did not go to the conference championship game and STILL lost 4 games. I'm hoping for something different this year.

Right. I'm just saying we've had a better year recently. I agree though 10-3 will be nice but what people wanted was no blowouts.

I agree, we don't want blowouts, but that's not all we wanted. We also want to compete for championships and we aren't doing that yet either.

I didn't say we had to put someone else in. We could have called different plays.

I didn't say we had to put someone else in. We could have called different plays.

That play calling was like a$$ against Iowa........ No excuse....It was as if the staff had no game plan at all. None, nada, nyet, nine,..........