What must the 2017 team do

Riley is safe as long as Eichorst is here. SE will allow Riley to stay as long as he wants to.

You're underestimating SE. He's not stupid enough to keep Riley if things go badly.
Well...he was stupid enough to hire him with zero help and not checking into any other coach, like he said, so...it would make sense that SE would not can him
  • Fire 1

7 or less wins...Riley "retires"

Riley "retires", the Calibraska kids transfer to schools back in CA, and NU is left to pick up the pieces again.

I highly doubt that.

Riley is the only reason Keyshawn Jr. and the others are going there. Don't think it's the university or facilities that got these kids. It's Riley's relationship with Keyshawn Sr.

It's a combination of Riley and the facilites/university and the fan base. They would all have been here a year as freshmen and would have to sit out a year to transfer.

Nebraska needs an identity overhaul. Teams like Wisconsin and Iowa should be our blueprint. They play tough, physical football. They have an identity. They improve throughout the season. Then we separate ourselves from the Wisconsins and Iowas because of the fact that Nebraska is still a brand that allows us to recruit the skill players who just miss the cut for schools like tOSU, Michigan, Bama, Texas, USC, etc. To me, that's how Nebraska can reach its highest potential as a program. Mean in the trenches!

Riley is safe as long as Eichorst is here. SE will allow Riley to stay as long as he wants to.

You're underestimating SE. He's not stupid enough to keep Riley if things go badly.

Are you sure about that?

I mean he did fire Bo for struggling against a bad 14' Iowa team and a reason why he got fired cause of where Iowa was at the time.

Are you sure about that?

I mean he did fire Bo for struggling against a bad 14' Iowa team and a reason why he got fired cause of where Iowa was at the time.

Bo wasn't fired because of one game against Iowa.
  • Fire 1

Looking at our schedule... damn, it is not favorable.

@ Oregon - bad this year, but they always restock on talent. We've lost multiple talented freshmen to them, and they are ranked high. That won't be easy.

Wisconsin

Ohio State - Consecutive weeks, again. Just at home this time.

@ Penn St

Iowa

So for a successful season, we have to win 4 of those? Yikes. I'm having a hard time picking 4 to guarantee wins.

We are guaranteed to play 2 of this year's CFB playoff teams in a 5 week period. Potentially in consecutive weeks. And we should fire Riley if we don't at minimum split them?

Are you sure about that?

Are you sure Bo was fired for one game? If so, you're not right.

Getting fired after 3 seasons seems pretty rare. I think he needs 8 wins to get a 4th season.

Hopefully Scott Frost likes Nebraska enough three years from now and SE doesn't blind himself to hiring a Nebraska guy. He seems pretty legit after UCF's season this year.

You better hope we want Scott Frost back before Oregon does. That might be very soon.

• Fire 1

Bo wasn't fired just because of the Iowa game in 14'.....really cmon lol.....but it did have an impact.

Here's what Shawn had to say:

But in the final analysis, I had to evaluate where Iowa was.

Moments later, he was asked to clarify that statement.

As I looked back on the outcomes, Im trying to look at who are championship-caliber football teams at that moment and how competitive were we in those games?

So basically we fired Bo for not winning the games that mattered and playing poorly against teams like Iowa that are not a championship caliber team. Also his sideline demeanors didn't help him and his relationship with the media and fans didn't help either.

Fast forward two years later and we're still in the same boat. Haven't won the games that mattered and Iowa is 2-0 against us.

Bo wasn't fired just because of the Iowa game in 14'.....really cmon lol.....but it did have an impact.

Here's what Shawn had to say:

But in the final analysis, I had to evaluate where Iowa was.

Moments later, he was asked to clarify that statement.

As I looked back on the outcomes, Im trying to look at who are championship-caliber football teams at that moment and how competitive were we in those games?

So basically we fired Bo for not winning the games that mattered and playing poorly against teams like Iowa that are not a championship caliber team. Also his sideline demeanors didn't help him and his relationship with the media and fans didn't help either.

Fast forward two years later and we're still in the same boat. Haven't won the games that mattered and Iowa is 2-0 against us.

Pretty much exactly what I said. Win. Win the games that matter. The ones on the big stage. those games. That's what we need to do.