Bruce Read. Fired

For all the "Riley is willing to fire people" accolades - and I'm not dismissing them - but I think it's also a possibility that he's having his hand forced. Read coached with him for 16 years. Did he really just forget how to coach or has he always been this bad but Riley never cared. I think it's possible that he's getting pressure from above to do SOMETHING.

Again, that's not to dismiss the move. But the two guys he's fired are two of the most questioned hires right from the start. So all the "we have to give them time to see what they'll do with more talent" arguments are proving to not really be valid. And all that experience Riley picked up over the years doesn't seem to be proving that valuable in choosing assistants. Really Bray is the only one who seems to have proven himself as a really good hire. I would say the jury is still out on Cav. And I'm willing to give Langs a bit more time though I'm not that hopeful. Other than that, it's pretty so-so.

• Fire 3

Great great news. People can pick out a few plays here or there that may be more on the players, but in the last decade I have not seen more special team blunders in a season than this year. And it's not even close. It was so noticeably different and pathetic in all aspects of special teams. More punts blocked, terrible punts, negative punt, 10 guys on the field, 12 guys on the field, offsides, false starts, no blocking, no return opportunities, terrible kick returning. Thank you Mike, he's open to change which means he will not stop fighting to get us back to the national spotlight. Countless coaches wouldn't fire their friends on that reason alone (Bo and Bill as examples just for our program). Well done Mike.

• Fire 1

Folks--Banker won't be fired unless they can line up a quality DC to replace him first...and honestly, there aren't a lot of those on the market, and I don't think we can afford to risk promoting a position coach up.

Plus, would terminating Banker impact our recruitment? I haven't kept up on our recruiting...

Sometimes you pick who you want and pay whatever it takes to get them here. Money talks

Folks--Banker won't be fired unless they can line up a quality DC to replace him first...and honestly, there aren't a lot of those on the market, and I don't think we can afford to risk promoting a position coach up.

Plus, would terminating Banker impact our recruitment? I haven't kept up on our recruiting...

I would take my chances with Bray. He can't be any worse and is a much better recruiter.

I'm tired of promoting from within. We need to go out and buy the best DC either one who's on the market or steal one from another University. Its time to open the check books and start competing. Stop this bs of promoting from within and play the wait and see approach

I would take my chances with Bray. He can't be any worse and is a much better recruiter.

I'm tired of promoting from within. We need to go out and buy the best DC either one who's on the market or steal one from another University. Its time to open the check books and start competing. Stop this bs of promoting from within and play the wait and see approach

Agree with this. I would kick the tires of other coaches around the country. Bray is a good coach, but he's learned from Banker his whole career, so he's gonna probably think the same way. Get some new blood in and get a new philosophy.