538 says 2016 'Bama is better than '95 Nebraska

Cdog923

Nate Silver's cred took a bit of a hit this year.

Hillary Clinton Will Win The 2016 Election By A Landslide

Looking at the popular vote, Silver sees Democrat Hillary Clinton getting 49.1 percent of the vote, Republican Donald Trump Getting 42.1 percent, and Libertarian Gary Johnson getting 7.5 percent. Silver’s forecasts do not include Green Party candidate Jill Stein’s impact on the election.

Of course, as your junior high school Civics teacher will tell you, the popular vote is irrelevant when it comes to electing presidents: it’s the electoral vote that matters. And in the electoral vote, Hillary Clinton has this election in the bag. Silver’s models predict Hillary Clinton winning the election with 347.5 electoral votes (far more than the 270 needed to guarantee the election); Donald Trump coming in second with 190.3 percent; and Gary Johnson coming in third with 0.2 percent of the electoral vote.

bly8IxB.jpg

In his defense, his final model gave her a 71.4% chance of winning which was significantly less than almost all other models out there.

This years Bama is the best team and coaches that money, perks, and false promises can buy. They are a solid bunch of dudes. If 95 Nebraska played them today, with todays rules Bama wins by 14, with at least three Huskers being ejected for targeting. The game has come a long way in terms of lock down coverage, and these receivers making one hand catches. I think thats the difference. We would lose one or two picks.

Now if they played in Memorial in 1995, I take Nebraska by 4

The game would be won in the trenches, and that's advantage: Nebraska. The 1995 lines (offense & defense) were freaks. No question in my mind we would grind Alabama down on the ground, & no question at all that Wistrom, Peter & Tomich would wreak havoc in their backfield.

People forget how good Danny Wuerffel was, and his WRs. Our 1995 secondary would be just fine against Alabama's guys. When you're measuring speed in tenths of a second there isn't a lot of difference between Alabama & 1995 Florida.

• Fire 1

The game would be won in the trenches, and that's advantage: Nebraska. The 1995 lines (offense & defense) were freaks. No question in my mind we would grind Alabama down on the ground, & no question at all that Wistrom, Peter & Tomich would wreak havoc in their backfield.

People forget how good Danny Wuerffel was, and his WRs. Our 1995 secondary would be just fine against Alabama's guys. When you're measuring speed in tenths of a second there isn't a lot of difference between Alabama & 1995 Florida.

I think Bama would play tougher on defense than the gators did just because of their depth and talent on the DL. Maybe looking at a 38-14 final score

I think Bama would play tougher on defense than the gators did just because of their depth and talent on the DL. Maybe looking at a 38-14 final score

Definitely they would. 1995 Florida was a good offensive team but not amazing defensively. 2016 Alabama's defense is ridiculously better.

Our O Line would still grind them down, and we'd have the depth to match theirs, no problem.

Maybe 35-21, or 30-20, but I'd be confident that 1995 team would win.

As of right now Alabama has beaten zero teams with fewer than 3 losses.

Only 3 teams that Bama has played have fewer than 4 losses. Those three teams are:

USC - who started Max Browne at QB against Bama instead of Sam Darnald.

Western Kentucky

Chatanooga.

That is a tissue paper schedule and they even struggled in a couple of those games.

They aren't close to '95 Nebraska and not even 2 wins against a couple 1 loss teams in the playoffs will change that. - Nebraska utterly destroyed 4 such 1 loss teams in '95.

• Fire 2

I think it would be interesting to see those defenses of the 90's face a true dual threat, with all the necessary elite tools (talent at other positions that is) that contributes to BOTH phases of his game, like Jalen Hurts. How many true dual threat qb's did we face in the day? The true dual thread/spread option qb-the passer that can run (not the athlete that can throw a little, like Frazier) didnt really start being prominant for another ten years. Michael Bishop, Kstate, is as close to a true dual threat that i can think of, to the degree of what we've become accustomed to in the game today.

As dominant as we were, could you imagine how infinitely more difficult defending Florida's offense woulda been for us with a guy like Hurts? Or a Deshawn Watson or Lamar Jackson?

How many 5 or 4 star players were on that 95' Husker team compared to Alabama?

Not too many.....GBR

We had some dudes.

And the thing about our walk-ons is that they werent walk-ons in terms of what we think of today. Our walkons then were dudes. Mackovickas has options. Terry Connealy had options. John Parella was recruited and committed to frickin Colorado in their hayday and then dropped a day before signing day. And, it was the hayday for high school talent in the state of Nebraska. Reggie Baul woulda been a freak in the offenses of today. There were ridiculous amounts of talent on those teams. Add that to the unmatched development, and that's why you had the freight train.