S Jaiden Woodbey [Florida State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

33 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Woodbey commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

Rustlin jimmies...this would be epic to steal a USC legacy and OSU decommit. Not getting my hopes up but would be awesome.

This will be a testament to Coach D. Williams. CA kids are going to go where CA kids are. Nebraska is clearly getting the most popular players in the state and obviously some of the best. Elijah and Bookie coming to Nebraska is enticing to Jaiden. Also, Keyshawn, Tristan, Manuel, Marquel, Tyjon, Lamar, and more to come will also be hard to pass up. In addition, Jaiden would see a far greater path to starting sooner than later than maybe he would be facing at Ohio St. Although I would say Nebraska is about one more class away from not having clear paths for incoming freshman to come play. The 2017 class is really going to close that window to where it is almost shut.

I don't buy that the path to starting is better at Nebraska than Ohio State. Ohio St has like 10+ players a year declare early for the draft. That makes it easier for players to move up there.

Well I think you have a point but you cannot deny that they have more talent and our deeper. That makes it hard for incoming players to just step right in. We are actually starting to close that gap ourselves. Maybe I exaggerated with "far greater" but its obvious to me that its easier.

Rustlin jimmies...this would be epic to steal a USC legacy and OSU decommit. Not getting my hopes up but would be awesome.

This will be a testament to Coach D. Williams. CA kids are going to go where CA kids are. Nebraska is clearly getting the most popular players in the state and obviously some of the best. Elijah and Bookie coming to Nebraska is enticing to Jaiden. Also, Keyshawn, Tristan, Manuel, Marquel, Tyjon, Lamar, and more to come will also be hard to pass up. In addition, Jaiden would see a far greater path to starting sooner than later than maybe he would be facing at Ohio St. Although I would say Nebraska is about one more class away from not having clear paths for incoming freshman to come play. The 2017 class is really going to close that window to where it is almost shut.

I don't buy that the path to starting is better at Nebraska than Ohio State. Ohio St has like 10+ players a year declare early for the draft. That makes it easier for players to move up there.

Well I think you have a point but you cannot deny that they have more talent and our deeper. That makes it hard for incoming players to just step right in. We are actually starting to close that gap ourselves. Maybe I exaggerated with "far greater" but its obvious to me that its easier.

Ohio State will play some true freshman in the defensive backfield this season. They have been producing first round NFL talent for the last three years at an impressive clip. Getting a WR to decommit from OSU is a little bit easier than getting a DB or S. You are going up against Kerry Coombs not Zac Smith and there is a big difference. I am not saying any of the OSU's verbals won't flip because it happens.

Ohio State will play some true freshman in the defensive backfield this season. They have been producing first round NFL talent for the last three years at an impressive clip. Getting a WR to decommit from OSU is a little bit easier than getting a DB or S. You are going up against Kerry Coombs not Zac Smith and there is a big difference. I am not saying any of the OSU's verbals won't flip because it happens.

Also, depth at safety is about the same between OSU and Nebraska with regards to players currently on the team

• 1 month later...

• Mavric changed the title to S Jaiden Woodbey [Florida State - Signed LOI]

It is fine. The last second flip wasn't that big of a surprise and I hope he finds whatever he is looking for at FSU. I am not going to complain about the class OSU signed. 

I am more excited to see that it looks like they have kept the coaching staff intact and it sounds like they have a chance at a home run hire as their 10th assistant.