Making America Great Again

BRB; you can call it whatever you like. I have no reason to doubt what this ICE agent relayed to me. He is of Mexican decent and has to patrol the boarder from Brownsville up the coast. Why would he lie? I was not there in an official capacity and we were just talking off the record and as two individuals at a restaurant.

He doesn't have to be lying to be wrong or mistaken. How does he know the majority have criminal intent? Does he know who they are personally? Does he actually see them cross the border? What's the means of him coming across that knowledge?

• Fire 1

The stupid thing about being anti Muslim immigration is a LOT of them do amazing research at our universities to help us. I've seen it first hand.

I don't think the general population realizes how much we benefit from immigrants.

As for Mexican immigration, it has steadily decreased along with the Mexican birth rate. The problem with deporting all the illegals is many were children when they arrived here. It wasn't their choice and they know no other life, and many aren't rapists. (Sigh.)

• Fire 2

Yep, I am not a fan of political figures in the least and they are the last ones I would give my last swallow of water in the desert too, if they were dying of thirst, well, them and attorneys, but I think my gut feel on this ICE agent was solid, and he was not blowing smoke up my arse. LLOMS, his thoughts may be based on his experiences in that area, who knows? The Brownsville area has a ton of field agents because it has a very large segment of land that is wooded (Forrest like), so I suspect they get a lot of people trying to hide in those areas.

I guess my original Q to Zoogs was, to find out if he was in favor of enforcing our laws with regards to illegals. IMO, we need to preserve our laws, and to do so, we need to enforce them appropriately. I have zero problem with the Hispanic race and have numerous connections within the hispanic world that are not in Law enforcement. As a whole, very religious, loving families who work hard for their families betterment.

In a nutshell, we are all in this mess together and it is up to us to insure that the voted parties serve the best interest of our Country. Do they have their own agenda behind the scenes, I think you can answer that on your own, but coming from the Law Enforcement side of the road, I believe we need to enforce the laws of the land by the letter of the law, until such time as the law is changed.

We need to be more contentious of our surrounds, happenings at home and abroad, and we also need to quit being the policemen of the world. Take care of the home front first and foremost, then go from there.

Done with rant, enjoyed the chat, see ya around the board. BRB, not avoiding you reply, but I am not privy to tax enforcement issues, so I would be remiss to ty to comment. Yes, there is production by some or many of those illegals, just not sure that it should supersede the laws that are being broken.

Yikes, that ^ is 84,ish! :)

• Fire 2

The stupid thing about being anti Muslim immigration is a LOT of them do amazing research at our universities to help us. I've seen it first hand.

I don't think the general population realizes how much we benefit from immigrants.

As for Mexican immigration, it has steadily decreased along with the Mexican birth rate. The problem with deporting all the illegals is many were children when they arrived here. It wasn't their choice and they know no other life, and many aren't rapists. (Sigh.)

Not only that, but I hope everyone enjoys having their produce and meat prices shoot through the roof. Those things aren't going to come quite as cheap when there's no longer cheap labor from undocumented immigrants willing to go harvest the oranges or work in packing plants.

• Fire 1

Funny thing about hiring foreign workers in the farming industry...

Anthony Bourdain, chef & TV travel show host, is a noted advocate for foreign workers and has often spoken out about the food we eat and the places it comes from - including the Hispanics who grow & cook it.

I leave for a few days and see this thread has already been hijacked by the usual negative comments. Seriously, we have multiple other threads for the TB's to rant. I am viewing this as a 4 or 8 year thread focused on those improvements made during the Trump tenure.

Too many SJW's man.

I leave for a few days and see this thread has already been hijacked by the usual negative comments. Seriously, we have multiple other threads for the TB's to rant. I am viewing this as a 4 or 8 year thread focused on those improvements made during the Trump tenure.

bnilhome, you have a made a reputation out of hijacking political threads in this forum to fit your rhetoric.

Pot, meet kettle.

• Fire 1

On MSNBC, speaking to camera, Scarborough said: Mica asked the president-elect while we had the opportunity to clarify the tweet yesterday regarding the nuclear arsenal. And the president-elect told you what?

Let it be an arms race, Brzezinski said. We will outmatch them at every pass.

And outlast them all, Scarborough added.

And outlast them all, Brzezinski repeated, wonderingly.

Not even going to talk about the fact that we already have enough Nukes to kill everyone on the planet.

Trump seems to think the U.S. is invulnerable ecnomically. If we funnel money into making more nukes (which we don't need at all) it's not going to be good for the economy. It's basically like burning money. There is no use for them. He sees Putin doing it and wants to be a big boy too. We aren't going to "outlast" anyone with terrible financial decisions like this.

He also wants to take on all of these other countries with regards to trade deals. Being the most powerful, richest country in the world doesn't mean you can piss everyone off at the same time and come out good at the other end of it.

• Fire 2

There seems to be plenty of Trump bashing sprinkled into just about every thread, so the intent of this thread is to focus on the positive changes Trump's election victory is bringing to the U.S. While he has not yet been sworn in, we have already seen evidence of companies keeping jobs in the US, and we have also seen consumer confidence soar since his election victory. The stock markets have also soared and are at all-time highs, but I will admit the market results do not always equate to how everyday Americans are truly feeling.

Here is one good article (of many out there now) discussing the rise in optimism across the country.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-12-09/consumer-sentiment-in-u-s-rises-to-highest-since-january-2015

Now for this to be sustained, Trump is going to have to deliver, and should he not deliver, I would expect this optimism to fall back to their levels from the past few years.

The only way (in the mind of the nazis who support Trump) to "make America great again" is to exterminate, or get rid of, everyone who isn't white, hetero, and christian.

Trump ran his entire campaign on racism, bigotry, homophobia, false christian superiority, and hatred of everyone who isn't white, hetero, and christian.

Starting to see a pattern here? Racists are as racists do.

• Fire 1

bnilhome, you have a made a reputation out of hijacking political threads in this forum to fit your rhetoric.

Pot, meet kettle.

Hijacking a thread is going off the topic of a thread in case you were not aware. When I post in a thread, it is nearly always on topic with that thread. I understand that you and others seek groupthink on many topics, and deem anyone with an opposing viewpoint as hijacking a thread, but there is a difference between the two. Around 80% of those who post on here regularly have a tendency to bash Trump or the GOP, and that's fine, it's a free world, but not having opposing voices on this forum and simply having the groupthink (which may be what you prefer) does not really allow you or others to grow in how to make an argument. I deal with employees all the time that want to remain stagnant and do the same job day in and day out and not seek new opportunities for growth, so if you would prefer to remain in your own little zone, just ignore what I write on here.

not having opposing voices on this forum and simply having the groupthink (which may be what you prefer

Kind of funny from the guy demanding only positive posts about Trump in this thread.

You should find a Trump supporters only forum to go to. I think you'll find what you are looking for there.