Lavon Alston No Longer on Team

Mavric

Going to be super inexperienced at WR next year with or without Alston. Only return 4 guys who saw snaps, and we play a lot of WRs throughout a game. And we'll only have 4 WRs on scholly that have been in Lincoln more than a year.

Sr - DPE, Rahn

Jr - Morgan, Reimers, Keyan Williams

So - nada

Fr - Spielman

recruits - KJJ, McQuity, Calvin??, Lewis??, ???

Going to be super inexperienced at WR next year with or without Alston. Only return 4 guys who saw snaps, and we play a lot of WRs throughout a game. And we'll only have 4 WRs on scholly that have been in Lincoln more than a year.

Sr - DPE, Rahn

So - nada

Fr - Spielman

Super inexperienced? I dunno about that. DPE, Morgan, Reimers and Keyan Williams seems like a pretty good mix to me. And we're bound to have a couple other guys step up and challenge for PT.

Sr - DPE, Rahn

So - nada

Fr - Spielman

WR is a position you can come in and play early. We'll be fine, especially if we can get Lewis.

Sr - DPE, Rahn

So - nada

Fr - Spielman

Super inexperienced? I dunno about that. DPE, Morgan, Reimers and Keyan Williams seems like a pretty good mix to me. And we're bound to have a couple other guys step up and challenge for PT.

I am not high on DPE as a receiver. He doesn't run great routes and he is inconsistent. He is a great talent, but not used very well in a traditional offense.

So after Morgan, you are counting on a former walk-on with limited career catches and a transfer from Fresno State who has never caught a pass at the collegiate level. I get optimism, but this is ridiculous. Also, there has shown a need to play 6-8 receivers in this offense, so depth is a huge issue.

Sr - DPE, Rahn

So - nada

Fr - Spielman

Reimers. Really. Come on.

Sr - DPE, Rahn

So - nada

Fr - Spielman

WR is a position you can come in and play early. We'll be fine, especially if we can get Lewis.

In a lot of offenses I might agree with you in regards to having freshmen be big contributors at WR, but the Riley/Langsdorf offense relies on the WR's making reads on the defense and being on the same page as the QB. That may be an issue next year. I also will doubt the freshmen's abilities to block downfield.

Sr - DPE, Rahn

So - nada

Fr - Spielman

Williams is a bigger stretch than Reimers, but both are question marks.

Sr - DPE, Rahn

So - nada

Fr - Spielman

Dude, go back and watch this season. He came up with some big plays for us.

Sr - DPE, Rahn

So - nada

Fr - Spielman

Dude, go back and watch this season. He came up with some big plays for us.

Reimers has 3 catches for 49 yards for the season. Yes, the TD against Oregon was awesome, but are the other 2 catches "BIG PLAYS"? Even then, it would be three.

Sr - DPE, Rahn

So - nada

Fr - Spielman

I am not high on DPE as a receiver. He doesn't run great routes and he is inconsistent. He is a great talent, but not used very well in a traditional offense.

So after Morgan, you are counting on a former walk-on with limited career catches and a transfer from Fresno State who has never caught a pass at the collegiate level. I get optimism, but this is ridiculous. Also, there has shown a need to play 6-8 receivers in this offense, so depth is a huge issue.

This is college football, not the NFL. Every year we lose some of our best players. And new guys step up to take their place. Sure we're losing a lot of talent in Westerkamp and Reilly. But WR isn't our thinnest position. We will be fine at WR next year.

• Fire 2