2017 starting QB

2017 Quarterback  

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Plus, Lee's numbers at Tulane are eerily similar to TA at Nebraska. Not overly impressive.

He was a redshirt freshman in 2014 and set Tulane freshman passing records. Impressive even if it was at Tulane. In 2015, he played with a broken finger in his throwing hand and also missed playing time due to a concussion.

I don't think the numbers tell the whole story in his case.

Did people give Tommie the "pass" when he played with multiple injuries....or when he was a sophomore starting? If are willing to give Lee the benefit, then we better make sure that when people complain about TA, we recognize he played less than 100% many times throughout his career.

Plus, Lee's numbers at Tulane are eerily similar to TA at Nebraska. Not overly impressive.

He was a redshirt freshman in 2014 and set Tulane freshman passing records. Impressive even if it was at Tulane. In 2015, he played with a broken finger in his throwing hand and also missed playing time due to a concussion.

I don't think the numbers tell the whole story in his case.

Did people give Tommie the "pass" when he played with multiple injuries....or when he was a sophomore starting? If are willing to give Lee the benefit, then we better make sure that when people complain about TA, we recognize he played less than 100% many times throughout his career.

I can't speak for everyone, but I think many of us did recognize when TA was young and learning, and when he was injured. He's toughed it out through some difficult injuries. But, he also played a significant amount of time as a healthy veteran, something Lee has never done.

Therefore, we now have enough evidence on TA to know that he wasn't a very good passing quarterback.

• Fire 2

Don't have a walkon QB to replace Fyfe? And what about Darlington? He's been around awhile and knows the offense and was the third best this year so with the two ahead graduating, he is next in line presumably.

Darlington had been moved to WR but was third in line by default because there wasn't anyone else to play QB without burning POB's redshirt. With Bush and Stanton transferring out the team was very thin at QB.

From what I've read they are hoping to get a walk-on QB so Darlington can move back to WR.

I would guess Tanner Lee is the next QB.

I think there's a good chance a walk on will start and be backed up by the tight end, ....the other three will transfer due to lack of talent at this level.

​Oh, sorry about that....I guess I'm being overly pessimistic at this point.

That's simply a rediculous prediction.

I think there's a good chance a walk on will start and be backed up by the tight end, ....the other three will transfer due to lack of talent at this level.

Hey, it's still early.....don't count our tight end out yet.

Hey, it's still early.....don't count our tight end out yet.

Word on the street is Luke McNitt is looking to unseat POB and Lee

• Fire 1

How many years of eligibility does Lee give us? If it's only 1 year I would prefer to go with POB or Gebbia.

Surprised given how much praise POB has been given that he wouldn't get the starting job as a RS Freshman. I would think the staff would try very hard to get POB into the starting role as it would look great for the staff and also provide Nebraska with a bright future at QB for many years.

How many years of eligibility does Lee give us? If it's only 1 year I would prefer to go with POB or Gebbia.

Surprised given how much praise POB has been given that he wouldn't get the starting job as a RS Freshman. I would think the staff would try very hard to get POB into the starting role as it would look great for the staff and also provide Nebraska with a bright future at QB for many years.

Lee has two years of eligibility.

I think this staff is savvy enough to play the best player, regardless of who it is.

• Fire 2

Lee has two years of eligibility.

I think this staff is savvy enough to play the best player, regardless of who it is.

Agree.

Also, I'm not one who claims our O line was total trash this year, but, there is room for improvement. If they don't pass protect better, there is a chance Lee won't make it through they year without injury which will give POB playing time.

Now, I believe a better passing QB will make pass protection easier since they will need to respect the threat more....and, I think we will be playing more talent on the line next year. So, I expect that entire situation to improve.

But, I believe we will need both next year.

• Fire 1