Tom Osborne vs. Nick Saban

dvdcrr

Clemson has been a power for the last 5 years I would say. He has beaten everyone that has been put in front of him. This year he beat the 7 past National Champions.

He is impressive, super nice guy it seems.

Why would Saben want to leave. He answers to no one. He makes more money than he would in the pros. And what he says is what happens, does not deal with spoiled pro athletes or owners. He has it made and I think will be around Bama for at least 5 more years. He will do it, until he doesn't like it anymore.

"Saban is the better coach all-time. There's nothing wrong with that, it's reality. Luckily for Tom he didn't have to climb the ropes as a HC at no-name schools and was given the keys to the kingdom in his first gig. God, imagine if Saban had that opportunity. Yikes."

Tom Osbornes first gig was to turn around a barely above .500 offense. In the second and third year he won National Championships. How could anyone do better?

As for climbing the ropes he started out as a volunteer getting paid in cafeteria food. He went to bat with Boyd Epley and laid his own job on the line in Devaney's office to prove that weight lifting would actually work. They basically changed the future of college football.

Bob Devaney won those titles in 70 and 71. At least that's what I thought back in 70 and 71...

"Saban is the better coach all-time. There's nothing wrong with that, it's reality. Luckily for Tom he didn't have to climb the ropes as a HC at no-name schools and was given the keys to the kingdom in his first gig. God, imagine if Saban had that opportunity. Yikes."

Tom Osbornes first gig was to turn around a barely above .500 offense. In the second and third year he won National Championships. How could anyone do better?

As for climbing the ropes he started out as a volunteer getting paid in cafeteria food. He went to bat with Boyd Epley and laid his own job on the line in Devaney's office to prove that weight lifting would actually work. They basically changed the future of college football.

Bob Devaney won those titles in 70 and 71. At least that's what I thought back in 70 and 71...

Bob Devaney obviously wasn't a great coach, he was only good because he had tom o as his offensive coordinator...sarcasm of course. Just a homer argument so we can give Osborne the nod over Saban. Objectivity isn't very prominent in this fanbase.

On a sidenote, I'm REALLY happy Alabama lost, now we don't have to hear espn say this Alabama team was the best ever

Nebraska 1993-2001: 102-12 record (89.5 win percentage), three national titles, five championship game appearances. Its annual rankings (we’ll use the coaches poll, for Nebraska’s sake):

Nos. 3, 1, 1, 6, 1, 20, 2, 7, 7

Alabama 2008-16: 112-13 (89.6 percent), four national titles and five championship appearances. Its rankings (we’ll use AP, for ‘Bama’s sake):

Nos. 6, 1, 10, 1, 1, 7, 4, 1, 2

OWH

• 4 months later...

Saben is not going back to the NFL. He is a god, at Bama.

No one is happier for Dabo and Clemson. Did not want Bama to win again, not because of Saben and Bama, but their Ahole fans. But losing #9 sealed the game for Bama. Could not stay on the field. What a great game. I remember thinking when he took over, the same year Bo came here, how much I would rather have had him. Good guy, someone you could be proud your kid played for.

Where is Cacti, he needs to whoop it up over here!!!!

Whoop.

giphy.gif

• Fire 5

You also thought bambam and pebbles were real people 'cause you were only 6 :-)

If Satan was the GOAT, he would have won some MNCs at Sparty. The Gumps don't even have to leave their offices to pull in #1 classes every year. He is good at making felony drug and weapons charges go away. And handing out Dodge Chargers. He has achieved Switzer level at that. My grandma could probably put together a championship or two at gumpland... and she's been dead for 25 years.

Osborne could have gone anywhere. Colorado, Mizery, whatever. He would have won just as much or more ANYWHERE else, because Nebraska has arguably the worst geographical recruiting disadvantage of any program in the country. He still won. A lot. And he did it all for a measly 200K annual salary. You see, TO actually gave a sh#t about his players, his University, and his home state. Douchey Nick couldn't care less about anyone but himself. And Lane Kiffin, for some reason.

I love coach Tom, nice man and all time great coach. Nick saban and what he has done over the last decade and change has been nothing short of spectacular. I don't care if he's giving out corvettes to recruits, he still he gets them to buy in and play at high level. If you ain't cheatin you ain't trying. A large majority of college football programs use shady ways to be their recruits yet sabams hasn't been caught which if he is so rampant in doing so like everyone says I'm even more impressed. I hate Nick sabams but he has put together an all time great resume and that resume gets the edge over TO. If I got to choose who to play for id go TO. Larry K from mount union has better resume than both but he bounced my school from the playoffs so f that guy