When will Trump get impeached?

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1) The two party system has already ruined America. This thread would still exist with 'Clinton' in the title if Hillary had won, and even if she was doing 10x better of a job. This is a partisan issue.

I feel compelled to respond to this because statements like this are said regularly.

America is not "ruined". If you want to see ruined, go see other countries such as Syria, Somalia...etc.

As much as people want to claim America is ruined, the system is still working. We have not had a military coup. We have not had our government over thrown. Our systems are still in place.

What has been bad is that our public has become such an uneducated pathetic group that latches onto whatever propaganda gets thrown their way that we have come to a place where an blubbering idiot like Trump gets elected.

We have had WAY worse times in American History than now. We will have worst times at some point in the future.

BUT.....people need to pull their heads out of their asses and stop believing stuff like what Trump spews constantly.

• Fire 4

On the topic of impeachment: no, I don't trust the Washington Post or the NYT or CNN to give me unbiased news. I don't trust Fox News either. I think arguing over impeachment is a waste of time, because 1) I think it's indicative of the pu&&y, whine-when-I-don't-get-my-way culture spreading in America, 2) I don't think any of his actions to this point are even close to impeachable, and 3) even if they were, like Knapp said, you're silly if you think this Congress is going to do it.

wrong. Not a whine because I don't get my way scenario. The divestment thing is a big issue why does no one see this? This is hugely unprecedented and he has been brokering deals for his family business with his title. That is an impeachable offense. He either divests or should be impeached plain and simple and to disagree with that would be completely ignorant.

This, 1000%. This is bigger than people being pissed off about "not getting their way". This cuts to the very core of our democracy, the separation of powers between the branches of government, and how our country should be ran.

• Fire 2

1) The two party system has already ruined America. This thread would still exist with 'Clinton' in the title if Hillary had won, and even if she was doing 10x better of a job. This is a partisan issue.

2) Moiraine, don't be condescending. That's not how we, the American people, country over party, are going to get anywhere.

Why do I care? This is the point of a democracy. A friend of mine, pissed at me on Election Day, told me: "You are responsible for what you vote for". And I agree with that. We have the choice of voting for those who we want to represent us. I am upset too; is that hard to see? Am I coming across wrong? If anyone should be upset by what is going on, I feel it should be me and others who voted for Trump. I helped him get there, didn't I? (Cue: Your vote doesn't matter ;) )

I want better for America. I think you all want better for America. But we're crippled beyond repair, the way I see it. You've got "officials" and "intelligence sources" on BOTH sides leaking very secret information to make the other side look bad. It's disappointing. It's sickening. It's frustrating, because the whole world is laughing at us for it.

On the topic of impeachment: no, I don't trust the Washington Post or the NYT or CNN to give me unbiased news. I don't trust Fox News either. I think arguing over impeachment is a waste of time, because 1) I think it's indicative of the pu&&y, whine-when-I-don't-get-my-way culture spreading in America, 2) I don't think any of his actions to this point are even close to impeachable, and 3) even if they were, like Knapp said, you're silly if you think this Congress is going to do it.

You show some signs of being rational and fair in your analysis, but you're dead wrong on others.

This most definitely ISN'T a partisan issue. A widely incompetent person for the office he holds has demonstrated multiple impeachable offenses. He hasn't divested (and there's evidence he and his are using their positions for their own gain), he's not being transparent at all, he's slipping highly classified info to adversaries IN THE WHITE HOUSE, he's talked of jailing journalists, he's asked his now-fired FBI director to end an investigation into his now-fired NSA. I could glean a small handful of reasons for impeachment from this list, chiefly violation of the Emoluments Clause and obstruction of justice.

Lots of American citizens are pissed about it. Democrats are talking impeachment now, some publicly, and Republicans are as well, only privately in back rooms amongst themselves. Hence, it's a non-partisan matter.

If Trump was put under oath, he'd either perjure himself very quickly (another impeachable offense) or he'd turn into a very different, very careful person telling a very different story very quickly.

The world isn't laughing at us for leaking. That argument is just a rehashing of the "focus on the leakers, not the content of the leaks." They're laughing because we were dumb enough to elect Trump. They're also laughing at how bumbling and incompetent he is, but I'm guessing they're also worried someone this unfit is in a position of such power.

Lastly, it's not indicative of a bunch of whiny losers. It's indicative of the American people drawing a line in the sand of what is acceptable conduct for their leader. Trump is failing that test miserably, and thus we are going to demand action. I agree Congress won't do it until they have no other choice. But that doesn't change the principle of the matter or the reason to demand better. People aren't going to just look the other way and excuse this crap because Trump won in November. That's not a free pass to conduct himself however disgracefully he sees fit. We can and should demand better.

• Fire 3

I feel compelled to respond to this because statements like this are said regularly.

America is not "ruined". If you want to see ruined, go see other countries such as Syria, Somalia...etc.

As much as people want to claim America is ruined, the system is still working. We have not had a military coup. We have not had our government over thrown. Our systems are still in place.

What has been bad is that our public has become such an uneducated pathetic group that latches onto whatever propaganda gets thrown their way that we have come to a place where an blubbering idiot like Trump gets elected.

We have had WAY worse times in American History than now. We will have worst times at some point in the future.

BUT.....people need to pull their heads out of their asses and stop believing stuff like what Trump spews constantly.

Well said, BRB.

This line of thinking is often used to prop Trump up.

"The system is broken anyway. Both sides are the same. The elites control everything." ==> Why not give Trump a chance?

"The Democrats have failed inner cities and Black America. They are crime-ridden, poor, failing areas. These people live in Hell." ==> Why not give Trump a chance?

"You can't trust anything the failing, crooked media says. They just print lie after lie about me because they hate me and want to smear me. There is no objective truth. Who are you going to believe, them or me?" ==> Why not give Trump a chance.

Note how extreme some of these statements are. Badly broad-brushing things and lacking any nuance. That's by design. It's simple and easy to grasp, but far from the truth. These statements attempt to give Trump carte blanche to do whatever he wants, no matter to outcome, because the alternative is so unthinkably awful.

Remember, only a Sith deals in absolutes.

• Fire 1

wrong. Not a whine because I don't get my way scenario. The divestment thing is a big issue why does no one see this? This is hugely unprecedented and he has been brokering deals for his family business with his title. That is an impeachable offense. He either divests or should be impeached plain and simple and to disagree with that would be completely ignorant.

He left all of his business to his kids...

• Fire 2

:laughpound:laughpound

Trump represents an existential threat to liberalism. For the first time in a long time, the makers (people who produce wealth and/or income) have a champion in the White House.

This is an existential threat to the takers. The takers have known for a long time, if they are unable to guilt the makers out of their wealth, they could rely on the state to force the makers out of their wealth.

With each passing day that a man like Trump is in the White House, the takers ability to take without resistance becomes less and less. That's what the takers really fear, the day the makers will no longer be guilted, or forced.

• Fire 1

Trump represents an existential threat to liberalism. For the first time in a long time, the makers (people who produce wealth and/or income) have a champion in the White House.

This is an existential threat to the takers. The takers have known for a long time, if they are unable to guilt the makers out of their wealth, they could rely on the state to force the makers out of their wealth.

With each passing day that a man like Trump is in the White House, the takers ability to take without resistance becomes less and less. That's what the takers really fear, the day the makers will no longer be guilted, or forced.

Found Paul Ryan.

• Fire 2

What in bloody hell are you trying to say here?

• Fire 1

I think its worth reminding people that while "impeachment" sounds great - it doesn't mean a president necessarily leaves office.

No it means the Congress grows a spine and decides to call Trump forward to defend his bullsh#t. I don't see that going well for Trump, so while impeachment doesn't mean Trump out of office, it might as well mean as much.

and has been using his position to benefit his kids in that role ever since. And as soon as he is no longer President he will be right back at the top of his company that will have likely received direct benefit from his presidency.