When will Trump get impeached?

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1) The two party system has already ruined America. This thread would still exist with 'Clinton' in the title if Hillary had won, and even if she was doing 10x better of a job. This is a partisan issue.

2) Moiraine, don't be condescending. That's not how we, the American people, country over party, are going to get anywhere.

Why do I care? This is the point of a democracy. A friend of mine, pissed at me on Election Day, told me: "You are responsible for what you vote for". And I agree with that. We have the choice of voting for those who we want to represent us. I am upset too; is that hard to see? Am I coming across wrong? If anyone should be upset by what is going on, I feel it should be me and others who voted for Trump. I helped him get there, didn't I? (Cue: Your vote doesn't matter ;) )

I want better for America. I think you all want better for America. But we're crippled beyond repair, the way I see it. You've got "officials" and "intelligence sources" on BOTH sides leaking very secret information to make the other side look bad. It's disappointing. It's sickening. It's frustrating, because the whole world is laughing at us for it.

On the topic of impeachment: no, I don't trust the Washington Post or the NYT or CNN to give me unbiased news. I don't trust Fox News either. I think arguing over impeachment is a waste of time, because 1) I think it's indicative of the pu&&y, whine-when-I-don't-get-my-way culture spreading in America, 2) I don't think any of his actions to this point are even close to impeachable, and 3) even if they were, like Knapp said, you're silly if you think this Congress is going to do it.

• Fire 1

After the election, I kept hearing people ask this question, and my answer was always "He'll probably do what it takes to serve his 4 years and go away."

After this past week? I have almost no doubt he will be impeached, and it will happen after the midterms when a Democratic Congress gets elected.

If he makes it to 2018, he will most certainly be impeached. By that time they *may* have enough on Pence to get him too.

We've impeached 2 presidents in 240+ years. And you think they're going to double impeach in a 2 year span?

This is the crazy talk I'm referencing.

So when the majority of Executive Branch decides he's "unfit", he's done... then Trump says he's not... then they get a majority again... then need a 2/3 of each house...

You. Are. Grasping. At. Straws.

I can sympathize to an extent, but you guys are literally going crazy. In the words of Putin, schizophrenic. It won't happen.

- He fired the FBI Director after the Director refused to stop investigating ties into Russia which very well could lead back to him.

- He has put people that are widely suspected to be on the take for foreign governments in key positions of intelligence and power.

- He's suggested ignoring a judiciary decision that calls his "travel ban" null and void.

- He invited two members of the Russian government into the Oval Office and shared with them state secrets that were at Code Word clearance level.

- He has suggested arresting members of the media simply for doing their job.

- He has shown a gross lack of competence and ability to do the job for which he was elected.

These are FAR from straws.

• Fire 4

1) The two party system has already ruined America. This thread would still exist with 'Clinton' in the title if Hillary had won, and even if she was doing 10x better of a job. This is a partisan issue.

2) Moiraine, don't be condescending. That's not how we, the American people, country over party, are going to get anywhere.

Why do I care? This is the point of a democracy. A friend of mine, pissed at me on Election Day, told me: "You are responsible for what you vote for". And I agree with that. We have the choice of voting for those who we want to represent us. I am upset too; is that hard to see? Am I coming across wrong? If anyone should be upset by what is going on, I feel it should be me and others who voted for Trump. I helped him get there, didn't I? (Cue: Your vote doesn't matter ;) )

I want better for America. I think you all want better for America. But we're crippled beyond repair, the way I see it. You've got "officials" and "intelligence sources" on BOTH sides leaking very secret information to make the other side look bad. It's disappointing. It's sickening. It's frustrating, because the whole world is laughing at us for it.

On the topic of impeachment: no, I don't trust the Washington Post or the NYT or CNN to give me unbiased news. I don't trust Fox News either. I think arguing over impeachment is a waste of time, because 1) I think it's indicative of the pu&&y, whine-when-I-don't-get-my-way culture spreading in America, 2) I don't think any of his actions to this point are even close to impeachable, and 3) even if they were, like Knapp said, you're silly if you think this Congress is going to do it.

Is there any action a president can do that is deserving of impeachment?

After the election, I kept hearing people ask this question, and my answer was always "He'll probably do what it takes to serve his 4 years and go away."

After this past week? I have almost no doubt he will be impeached, and it will happen after the midterms when a Democratic Congress gets elected.

If he makes it to 2018, he will most certainly be impeached. By that time they *may* have enough on Pence to get him too.

We've impeached 2 presidents in 240+ years. And you think they're going to double impeach in a 2 year span?

I personally don't think Pence is complicit in what is going on in regards to Russia, but you never know what will turn up in an investigation.

I personally don't think Pence is complicit in what is going on in regards to Russia, but you never know what will turn up in an investigation.

My theory is Trump is innocent as far as ties to Russia for the sake of winning the election.

I don't think Trump was personally involved with Russia, but I'm tired of the GOP standing in the way of the investigations. And Trump is clearly standing in the way too. I think he's innocent but at the same time too stupid to realize he looks guilty by not letting the investigation play out without involving himself. He is so obsessed with himself that I think that sh#t with Nunes and this with Comey were 100% because he didn't like the press on it. The Nunes thing was all about trying to make a positive spin on it.

I think he is so incredibly moronic that it didn't occur to him that it would make him look guilty. And for what - because he wanted positive press. If my theory is correct and he is innocent, the investigation might have ended a couple months from now without any talk of impeachment.

Collins is saying Trump needs to right the ship and listen to his advisers.

In other words she thinks the ship hasn't sunk.

[Ryan] was asked on his way out of a news conference whether he still had confidence in Trump, and he responded, "I do."

What do you expect them to say? Seriously. I don't expect them (at this point in time) to say any different. He is currently the President and they need to move forward in trying to run the country (while allowing the investigations to proceed).

wrong. Not a whine because I don't get my way scenario. The divestment thing is a big issue why does no one see this? This is hugely unprecedented and he has been brokering deals for his family business with his title. That is an impeachable offense. He either divests or should be impeached plain and simple and to disagree with that would be completely ignorant.
  • Fire 2

wrong. Not a whine because I don't get my way scenario. The divestment thing is a big issue why does no one see this? This is hugely unprecedented and he has been brokering deals for his family business with his title. That is an impeachable offense. He either divests or should be impeached plain and simple and to disagree with that would be completely ignorant.

This is the worst thing and has been the whole time and congress just looks the other way.

How can they and his supporters not see what this could lead to?

• Fire 1

My theory is Trump is innocent as far as ties to Russia for the sake of winning the election.

I don't think Trump was personally involved with Russia, but I'm tired of the GOP standing in the way of the investigations. And Trump is clearly standing in the way too. I think he's innocent but at the same time too stupid to realize he looks guilty by not letting the investigation play out without involving himself. He is so obsessed with himself that I think that sh#t with Nunes and this with Comey were 100% because he didn't like the press on it. The Nunes thing was all about trying to make a positive spin on it.

I think he is so incredibly moronic that it didn't occur to him that it would make him look guilty. And for what - because he wanted positive press. If my theory is correct and he is innocent, the investigation might have ended a couple months from now without any talk of impeachment.

You might be right: he might not have direct ties to Russia regarding the election, but he's been so, so very stupid trying to cover it up that he's going to incriminate himself eventually, if he hasn't already.