Bob Diaco - New Defensive Coordinator

I don't get the anst here.

1. He has proven his coaching acumen as a DC

2. He has the perspective and experience of being a P5 head coach

3. He is young, energetic, good-looking, and a great recruiter.

4. He is a dynamite quote machine. This guy will get more "oddball" national attention than Harbaugh (despite what you may think, buzz can be good, especially in recruiting)

*as long as said buzz doesn't include expletive-filled rants about fans and refs

5. He will be a DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR. They are allowed and sometimes encouraged to be quirky, as long as they get results.

6. 3-4 should be fun, let's give it a try.

Agreed. The people complaining are probably the same one's who wanted an offensive coach like Les Miles or Jon Gruden to be the D-coordinator or were expecting Bud Foster/Brent Venables to come here for some reason...

I've seen $1.1mil....if true we paid up.

He better earn that money starting NEXT season. For that amount, it better be instant results.

I've never understood arguments like this. First of all, the money should be immaterial to us fans. It's not our money being spent.

Second, salary has everything to do with a coach's market value and nothing to do with how good they're trying to make the team. If the guy earns more than Banker it won't be because we weren't trying to have a defense before. It's just a reflection of his career stock. If he only earned 500K, would you be more patient with the results? Why? "Well, our defense is taking time to shape up, but it's not like we're spending so much anyway"?...

• Fire 5

I've seen $1.1mil....if true we paid up.

He better earn that money starting NEXT season. For that amount, it better be instant results.

I've never understood arguments like this. First of all, the money should be immaterial to us fans. It's not our money being spent.

Second, salary has everything to do with a coach's market value and nothing to do with how good they're trying to make the team. If the guy earns more than Banker it won't be because we weren't trying to have a defense before. It's just a reflection of his career stock. If he only earned 500K, would you be more patient with the results? Why? "Well, our defense is taking time to shape up, but it's not like we're spending so much anyway"?...

Donors and season ticket holders

Follow

Brian Christopherson Retweeted ThisIsUConnCountry

Can confirm Bob Diaco expected to be named Husker DC, according to multiple sources.

Brian Christopherson added,

ThisIsUConnCountry @MattSchonvisky
Good talking w/@HuskerExtraBC from Lincoln about former #UConnFootball HC Bob Diaco, who could be introduced as next Nebraska DC on Saturday
3:00 PM - 13 Jan 2017
16 replies113 retweets136 likes
Retweet
More

Huh. That's interesting. I don't know what to make of this hire, really. HC experience at UConn is nice. Sounds like he has a strong football reputation as well from his time at Notre Dame. And his career is young.I quite liked Banker and hoped he would succeed here. I'm still surprised they made the change, and hope that this will actually end up being a positive addition. I hope that Diaco actually adds to Nebraska's recruiting ability as well.The negativity about him being crazy concerns me. I'm not sure how far that is though. It seems like a heck of a charge to make. Guess we'll see.

Zoogs now I know you're loco for everything you just entered onto the keyboard about Banker.

Won the Broyles Award as nations top assistant at ND.

A dead cat brings more to the recruiting front than Banker.

• Fire 1