Bob Diaco - New Defensive Coordinator

Better than Banker. No idea who is going to be a NT besides Stolt or Newell. Alex Davis at LB is exciting to picture.

Does he bring anything to the table recruiting wise?

I think both the Twins are more than capable.

If you get a chance read Schaefers, IIRC, tweet article on Diaco's "no crease defense"....emphasizes the element of quickness/Football IQ at NT.

Better than Banker. No idea who is going to be a NT besides Stolt or Newell. Alex Davis at LB is exciting to picture.

Does he bring anything to the table recruiting wise?

I think both the Twins are more than capable.

If you get a chance read Schaefers, IIRC, tweet article on Diaco's "no crease defense"....emphasizes the element of quickness/Football IQ at NT.

So quite an Xs and Os guy then?

I don't get the anst here.

1. He has proven his coaching acumen as a DC

2. He has the perspective and experience of being a P5 head coach

3. He is young, energetic, good-looking, and a great recruiter.

4. He is a dynamite quote machine. This guy will get more "oddball" national attention than Harbaugh (despite what you may think, buzz can be good, especially in recruiting)

*as long as said buzz doesn't include expletive-filled rants about fans and refs

5. He will be a DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR. They are allowed and sometimes encouraged to be quirky, as long as they get results.

6. 3-4 should be fun, let's give it a try.

• Fire 6

Huh. That's interesting. I don't know what to make of this hire, really. HC experience at UConn is nice. Sounds like he has a strong football reputation as well from his time at Notre Dame. And his career is young.

I quite liked Banker and hoped he would succeed here. I'm still surprised they made the change, and hope that this will actually end up being a positive addition. I hope that Diaco actually adds to Nebraska's recruiting ability as well.

The negativity about him being crazy concerns me. I'm not sure how far that is though. It seems like a heck of a charge to make. Guess we'll see.

• Fire 1