Bob Diaco - New Defensive Coordinator

This may have been mentioned before, but in a way it feels like we are hiring Carl Pelini 2.0 (though I don't think Biaco has nearly the personal baggage of Carl). Think about it...Carl coached as a DC for 4 years at Nebraska, and had one year with the nation's top defense (in terms of scoring D), became a head coach for a couple years where he was terrible, then returned this past year as a DC and led his team to the national championship game. If Diaco can do this next year for Nebraska, I will be pleased.

With that said, I saw someone on a Wisconsin board this evening mention that either of the Pelini brothers would be a good fit for their new DC. Imagine that...facing our new nemesis in the BIG West and having to play against one of the Pelinis.

I wonder what kind of say he'll have in the new defensive assistant....

Tosh tosh tosh

I said this earlier, but Tosh is currently a co-DC at Bama (I think overseeing rushing defense), and he went to Cal and there are rumors that he will be the Cal DC with Wilcox. I am not sure why he would want to make a lateral move to come to NU unless we double his salary and he wants a challenge.

This may have been mentioned before, but in a way it feels like we are hiring Carl Pelini 2.0 (though I don't think Biaco has nearly the personal baggage of Carl). Think about it...Carl coached as a DC for 4 years at Nebraska, and had one year with the nation's top defense (in terms of scoring D), became a head coach for a couple years where he was terrible, then returned this past year as a DC and led his team to the national championship game. If Diaco can do this next year for Nebraska, I will be pleased.

With that said, I saw someone on a Wisconsin board this evening mention that either of the Pelini brothers would be a good fit for their new DC. Imagine that...facing our new nemesis in the BIG West and having to play against one of the Pelinis.

I think you mean "getting to play". I'd rather play either Pelini than either of Wisky's last two DC's.

Tosh tosh tosh

I said this earlier, but Tosh is currently a co-DC at Bama (I think overseeing rushing defense), and he went to Cal and there are rumors that he will be the Cal DC with Wilcox. I am not sure why he would want to make a lateral move to come to NU unless we double his salary and he wants a challenge.

That was at Washington at Bama just OLB coach. If it were me and i could make 800k+ to coach and learn from Riley after spending a few years with Saban or make 800k+ coaching with a first time HC it might be a tougher decision than many think. It would technically be a promotion whichever he goes. You also have to consider NU is closer to being at the top of the totum poll based on being in the B1G west and not at a bottom feeder in the PAC12

Tosh tosh tosh

That was at Washington at Bama just OLB coach. If it were me and i could make 800k+ to coach and learn from Riley after spending a few years with Saban or make 800k+ coaching with a first time HC it might be a tougher decision than many think. It would technically be a promotion whichever he goes. You also have to consider NU is closer to being at the top of the totum poll based on being in the B1G west and not at a bottom feeder in the PAC12

Lupoi got a raise this past summer to $525,000 and was given the title "Co-DC" per this article. So coming here he would still be a Co-DC at best, where at Cal he could be DC on his own. Plus he would be coaching at his alma mater at Cal. That seems hard to pass up.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2016/06/details_on_big_raises_for_alab.html

I think you mean "getting to play". I'd rather play either Pelini than either of Wisky's last two DC's.

On top of that, it'd also be pretty funny watching them try to recruit to Wisconsin. Hiring either of them would set Wisconsin back 10 years.

Tosh tosh tosh

Lupoi got a raise this past summer to $525,000 and was given the title "Co-DC" per this article. So coming here he would still be a Co-DC at best, where at Cal he could be DC on his own. Plus he would be coaching at his alma mater at Cal. That seems hard to pass up.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2016/06/details_on_big_raises_for_alab.html

Doesnt mention that on the official university website that i saw