Trump Legal Troubles

16 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Interestingly, this does probably leave DeSantis as the favorite?

Surely Trump voters will move on. This is only the beginning of Trumps legal problems. 

And yet there's nothing stopping him from running from jail believe it or not.  There is the off chance that he makes a plea bargain that includes a stipulation that he can never hold public office again.  But would his ego allow him to admit to his guilt?

I say he still runs no matter what.  From jail or under house arrest.  Third party or Republican nominee.  He's that pathological.  He'll burn everything down as he decompensates 

3 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

And yet there's nothing stopping him from running from jail believe it or not.  There is the off chance that he makes a plea bargain that includes a stipulation that he can never hold public office again.  But would his ego allow him to admit to his guilt?

I say he still runs no matter what.  From jail or under house arrest.  Third party or Republican nominee.  He's that pathological.  He'll burn everything down as he decompensates 

Truthfully, Republicans are worried he'll run as a third party candidate. 

He wouldn't win, of course, but it would cost them massively in elections!

3 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

What is the over/under for the number of two-time-Trump voters that are going to look themselves in the mirror and think about their voting habits?

Out of a potential pool of ~70 million, I'm setting the number at 3.5.

That 3.5 as in 3.5, not 3.5 million right?

Because MAGA leadership is not abandoning ship.  Instead they are literally calling for civil war

8 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

That 3.5 as in 3.5, not 3.5 million right?

Because MAGA leadership is not abandoning ship.  Instead they are literally calling for civil war

Yeah, 3.5 individuals. 0.00000000001% of the potential pool. I'm hesitant to take the over here but maybe I shouldn't be so pessimistic about the Republican voting base?

• TBH 1

I've been taking an 'attitude adjustment'  break from HB (too much negativity makes for a negative person - I'm sure I'm the only one who has to deal with it ;))  but wanted to jump on here with this post.   I've never been a listener to Rachel Maddow but I think she nails it with these comments.    Knowing what we knew about Trump in 2016, no one should be surprised by these indictments and the indictments yet to come.

Character does matter and Trump displayed none of it prior to 2016 and none since.  

• Plus1 1

Long thread that should be read by everyone.  Republicans who got out over their skis before the indictment was released like Rubio have tipped their hand.  We knew it already but their statements defending Trump and excoriating the DOJ confirms they care nothing about human intelligence assets, the rule of law, or our national security.

But as said earlier none of this is surprising.  Trump's vacuous morality has been on display his entire life.  "But policy uhhh"

1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Interestingly, this does probably leave DeSantis as the favorite?

Surely Trump voters will move on. This is only the beginning of Trumps legal problems. 

Sarcasm right? I am interested in what some staunch Trumpsters have to say. What gets me is how callous he was with the docs. I have said many times, delusions of grandeur. I know Biden and Pence also had docs, and all politicians make false statements, but Trump treated these docs like his own personal stash to do with what he wanted. What a d!(&.

• Plus1 2

Trump is always betrayed by his previous spoken words.    Not only in how he said 'he can't speak of the documents since he did not declassify them' but as John Bolton notes below in the tweet - Trump basically prophesized that he himself should be prosecuted.