Trump Legal Troubles

7 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Lol....now we're going to take Trump's word, and your word that Milley lied about wanting to attack Iran.  It sounds to me that Trump was waving around an attack plan and claiming to the gullible that "see this is proof that Milley wanted to attack Iran!!  It wasn't me.  It was Milley!!"   Having a plan is not the same as advocating for an attack.  

From your link.  

So Milley had an attack plan.  Of course he did.  In no way does that confirm what Trump is claiming.  

For those not able to follow along.  

What's amazing is, after all the chronic lying that we have seen out of Trump........and someone thinks he's telling the truth about this.

:facepalm:

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 2

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

We do, in fact, have attack plans developed for every enemy, many nations against whom we currently have no animosity, and some allies. This is simple prudence. 

Every country with a competent military has such plans, and they adjust them as situations change. 

Of course this is all a boondoggle since Orange Man Bad wasn't indicted because he shared info that disputes someone's assertion. He was indicted for retaining classified documents that he had no right to retain, and then lying about it and obstructing the effort to remove those documents from his possession.

It's not a surprise that the right wing disinformation machine would try to change that, and it's also not a surprise that consumers of that disinformation regurgitate it as fact. 

Yes, it seems to be a surprise to certain posters that the Joint Chiefs of Staff has military plans for every country in the world, almost like it's their job.

I shouldn't be surprised that our political discourse has devolved to the conspiracy that the military is preparing military plans. But here we are. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
15 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Lol....now we're going to take Trump's word, and your word that Milley lied about wanting to attack Iran.  It sounds to me that Trump was waving around an attack plan and claiming to the gullible that "see this is proof that Milley wanted to attack Iran!!  It wasn't me.  It was Milley!!"   Having a plan is not the same as advocating for an attack.  

From your link.  

So Milley had an attack plan.  Of course he did.  In no way does that confirm what Trump is claiming.  

For those not able to follow along.  

Why even talk about Milley? Completely irrelevant in the discussion of Orange Man Bad's indictment. 

It's understandable why Orange Man Bad defenders want to veer the conversation over there. It's not understandable why people who know what the indictment is about engage in that conversation at all.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Why even talk about Milley? Completely irrelevant in the discussion of Orange Man Bad's indictment. 

It's understandable why Orange Man Bad defenders want to veer the conversation over there. It's not understandable why people who know what the indictment is about engage in that conversation at all.

Because that's what disinformation is intended to do.  Not state fact.  Just confuse and frustrate the slow blinkers into thinking both sides are bad. I mean he did confuse one poor upvote bot out there

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1

29 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Yes, how dare people focus on the major event instead of this minor side point that's actually not true. Good take.

People can focus on whatever they want.   You all are the ones making a big deal out of a post I made and taking it out of context to frame it into a “see he’s voting for trump” “can’t stop loving trump”   

Now, what’s not true? Links would be helpful also. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
30 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I see the goalpost moving crew is back at work today. 

"Don't pay attention to the major crimes in the indictment, look at this minor sidenote instead."

:movegoalpost:

Ohhhh…..:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

Trump seems to have kept classified docs, didn’t give them back when asked, made this mess up by his own accord by not doing so, however, one of the damaging pieces of evidence against him that ties the case together is the recording 

• Plus1 1
28 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

What's amazing is, after all the chronic lying that we have seen out of Trump........and someone thinks he's telling the truth about this.

:facepalm:

The cool thing is there is literally a document that will be presented in the case that references the tape.   Or someone has to describe in detail what’s on the document.  

If not, the tape is pretty much useless because as you said, Trump could be lying about having a classified document like he stated he had and down goes a big piece of evidence presented. 

• Plus1 1

28 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Yes, it seems to be a surprise to certain posters that the Joint Chiefs of Staff has military plans for every country in the world, almost like it's their job.

I shouldn't be surprised that our political discourse has devolved to the conspiracy that the military is preparing military plans. But here we are. 

But your reframing of the situation isn’t what’s being talked about as you know:thumbs  but, carry on. 

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Because that's what disinformation is intended to do.  Not state fact.  Just confuse and frustrate the slow blinkers into thinking both sides are bad. I mean he did confuse one poor upvote bot out there

You literally have been posting disinformation in the context of tryin to reframe a discussion.   Why you do this is beyond me, but as the doctor of strange love said”here we are”. 

If you took even a minute of time to read my posts you would understand A nugget of information I found interesting was that the Milley/Trump ongoing feud is what led to the damaging Trump recording being used as evidence in the indictment.   

You would also understand I’ve said many many times that Trump should be prosecuted if he indeed kept classified information illegally as should all people who do that.   Next, you would understand that Trump going to jail is a good thing for what I want to happen in 2024:thumbs

Read the NYT, NewYorker,CBSNews,Townhall,Forbes…. Whatever you and mediasbias.com fancy.   They say the same things  as me.   

• Plus1 1
36 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Of all the accusations and controversy hanging over Donald Trump, almost no one remembers or cares about the brief Iran news cycle, and if they do it is remembered for Trump being the voice of caution among his more hawkish advisors. 

The former President was always more vested in winning Twitter battles with Chrissy Teigen than reading national security briefings. 

• Plus1 1
35 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

People can focus on whatever they want.   You all are the ones making a big deal out of a post I made and taking it out of context to frame it into a “see he’s voting for trump” “can’t stop loving trump”   

Now, what’s not true? Links would be helpful also. 

So, you want someone to disprove an unproven allegation?  Nice.

A bear ran through my bedroom this morning. Please provide proof that didn’t happen.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
20 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

The cool thing is there is literally a document that will be presented in the case that references the tape.   Or someone has to describe in detail what’s on the document.  

If not, the tape is pretty much useless because as you said, Trump could be lying about having a classified document like he stated he had and down goes a big piece of evidence presented. 

I understand that.  I suspect that there actually is a tape and a document.  That doesn't mean Milley was lying.