Trump Legal Troubles

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

This could end up being the charge that really sticks and puts him away.

Rico laws, if it falls under that, are no joke. 

You only know this because of The Dark Knight. Don't lie!

• Haha 2
48 minutes ago, ZRod said:

You only know this because of The Dark Knight. Don't lie!

Haha!

No, I never watched it!

I teach a class on crime and the criminal justice system and one of the documentaries I show talks about it!  Hahaha

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, commando said:

truth social will go nuts today

The deep state cabal - orchestrated by Taylor Swift - has unlimited power. And that power is being directed at Donald J. Trump, to suppress his ability to win elections and save America from the satanic clutches of DEI/CRT/Fentanyl laced Immigrant Caravans pouring over BIDENS open border.

• Plus1 4
  • TBH 1

While this is the only correct ruling in a society which prides itself on equality before the law, it's nice to see that this was the outcome.

“At bottom, former President Trump’s stance would collapse our system of separated powers by placing the President beyond the reach of all three Branches. Presidential immunity against federal indictment would mean that, as to the President, the Congress could not legislate, the Executive could not prosecute and the Judiciary could not review. We cannot accept that the office of the Presidency places its former occupants above the law for all time thereafter. Careful evaluation of these concerns leads us to conclude that there is no functional justification for immunizing former Presidents from federal prosecution in general or for immunizing former President Trump from the specific charges in the Indictment. In so holding, we act, “not in derogation of the separation of powers, but to maintain their proper balance.”

• Plus1 3

11 minutes ago, teachercd said:

He is done.

Just for fun...If Trump basically can't run anymore, does JB bow out and all of a sudden we have 2 new people running in 24??

What about this makes Trump not want to run for President? The entire reason he's running is to avoid prison.

It also doesn't affect his electability because the median voter is impossibly stupid. 

• Plus1 5
59 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

The deep state cabal - orchestrated by Taylor Swift - has unlimited power. And that power is being directed at Donald J. Trump, to suppress his ability to win elections and save America from the satanic clutches of DEI/CRT/Fentanyl laced Immigrant Caravans pouring over BIDENS open border.

It’s my opinion most people view this as the correct ruling, and most thought he would lose the case.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

What about this makes Trump not want to run for President? The entire reason he's running is to avoid prison.

It also doesn't affect his electability because the median voter is impossibly stupid. 

I think you missed the part where I said "just for fun"

• TBH 1
36 minutes ago, commando said:

now we wait and see if he SC takes the case.   trump has 1 week to appeal.  i can see them taking the case...then stonewalling until November.

Neal seems like he is someone who should know what he's talking about.

I could see SCOTUS not taking it because the conservative judges don't want to be cornered in making a decision on it.

IF they take it, I suspect the ruling will be upheld...but I would not be surprised if it wasn't unanimous with someone like Thomas dissenting.