Trump Legal Troubles

19 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Trump is just as elusive as El Chapo once was at this point.

It's important to note that this case is likely being dropped due to significant overlap in not one but two other ongoing investigations. 

This isn't "They're not prosecuting the cheeto," this is, "They're pursuing the most salient prosecutions of the cheeto."

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, knapplc said:

It's important to note that this case is likely being dropped due to significant overlap in not one but two other ongoing investigations. 

This isn't "They're not prosecuting the cheeto," this is, "They're pursuing the most salient prosecutions of the cheeto."

I hope you're right, but I have no faith that any elite will be meaningfully prosecuted whether that's Bill Clinton, Jeffrey Epstein, or Donald Trump. I'm pretty sure this is just the prelude to this slowly disappearing for years before being dropped.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

I hope you're right, but I have no faith that any elite will be meaningfully prosecuted whether that's Bill Clinton, Jeffrey Epstein, or Donald Trump. I'm pretty sure this is just the prelude to this slowly disappearing for years before being dropped.

I think we all think that. The elite will circle their wagons because if one of them is able to be prosecuted, they can all be prosecuted. 

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

On 2/24/2022 at 1:03 PM, RedDenver said:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

On 4/25/2022 at 12:09 PM, BigRedBuster said:

Even before it happens we all know what Trump's responses will be:

"I plead the 5th."

"I don't recall."

Lie, lie, lie, lie 

Rinse, wash, repeat.

edit:  Looks like it's already over and shocker he pleaded the 5th...  

Former President Trump said Wednesday that he refused to answer any questions from New York Attorney General Letitia James (D) in the civil investigation over his business.

"Under the advice of my counsel, ... I declined to answer the questions under the rights and privileges afforded to every citizen under the United States Constitution," Trump said in a post on his Truth Social account.

• Plus1 2

Well this could get interesting :snacks:- Trump may wish he never came down that escalator in 2015 (like the rest of us) 

https://www.rawstory.com/crown-jewels-ny-ag-may-seek-corporate-death-penalty-for-trump-tower-and-all-his-golf-courses/

NY AG may seek ‘corporate death penalty’ for Trump Tower — and all his golf courses: legal expert

Former President Donald Trump may lose the "crown jewels" of the heir's corporate empire if New York Attorney General Letitia James moves to invoke New York's "corporate death penalty" against the Trump Organization, according to a new report.

On Wednesday, Trump announced he would refuse to answer questions in James' civil investigation into the company during a deposition that lasted more than five hours.

The investigation focuses on whether the Trump Organization essentially kept two sets of books. He allegedly would low-ball values to avoid taxes, while high-balling values to secure loans.

"In the coming weeks or even days, the AG is expected to file a massive, long-threatened 'enforcement action' — essentially a multi-hundred-page lawsuit against the Trumps and his Manhattan-based business," Business Insider reported Wednesday. "Fines and back taxes, however, may be the least of what Trump's facing. James has signaled she will also seek the dissolution of the business itself under New York's so-called corporate death penalty -- a law that allows the AG to seek to dissolve businesses that operate 'in a persistently fraudulent or illegal manner.'"

"It's everything, because at issue is Trump Tower [where the Trump Organization is headquartered in Manhattan], at issue is 40 Wall Street, which is one of his most beloved properties and probably one of the more valuable ones," Snell explained. "All of his golf courses are also at stake, so it's a big deal."

On Twitter, Snell explained why it was so important that Trump took the Fifth Amendment.

"This is a civil case — so the court can draw an inference of liability. This is exactly what the AG was hoping to achieve. The case is now even stronger," he wrote.

"In a civil case, pleading the Fifth is effectively a confession," Snell claimed.

Snell added, "It’s worth remembering that the NY AG is 2 for 2 so far in bringing Trump to justice — on Trump University and the Trump Foundation."

• Oh Yeah! 1