The Republican Utopia

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Why do you think he's scared?

Ya, I don’t really have a great answer for that because one would assume he really wouldn’t care that Hunter’s possible association with Joe on illicit/morally bad business dealings as shown by multiple witnesses and a laptop full of messages would be worth taking a look into.   

But he did quit a pretty good gig to show support for a lying data thief so maybe his cognitive abilities may not be all that we think they should be.   

Remember when people on this site said Trump shouldn’t protest the Russia investigation so much because if he’s innocent there won’t be anything to find??  Shoe is on the other foot it seems and the protests can be heard loud and clear.   

• Plus1 2

22 hours ago, NM11046 said:

I am not sure I buy into the fact that AL, AR, MS and VA ever had Dem governors and majorities but whatever.

Only AL and MS still share the holiday btw, other states do honor Lee on different days however.  

Doesn't matter the party that designated the holiday as a shared one or decided that Lee still needs to be honored in any way its' not cool.

Yes, the Dems ruled the South after reconstruction and forward until the GOP started their southern strategy I believe starting wt Nixon.   In many, I believe the old southern Democrat has become the MAGA republican.   In the 50s and 60s it was the GOP represented that gave Eisenhower and LBJ the votes needed to pass their respective civil rights acts - as southern Dems were against any such move.   But things started to shift in the 70s.  The GOP went the route of appealing to the fears of the southern white population.  The Dems embraced social justice and here we are today. 

• Plus1 2

That's why I'm puzzled about the MLK thing that happened in 1983 and going into effect in 1986 (and later in some states).  Would have thought the southern strategy was in effect and that's why some states down that way were late to the party or determined it should be shared with Lee.  Gotta be honest though, I do'n't have time to research it properly myself this week.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Ya, I don’t really have a great answer for that because one would assume he really wouldn’t care that Hunter’s possible association with Joe on illicit/morally bad business dealings as shown by multiple witnesses and a laptop full of messages would be worth taking a look into.   

But he did quit a pretty good gig to show support for a lying data thief so maybe his cognitive abilities may not be all that we think they should be.   

Remember when people on this site said Trump shouldn’t protest the Russia investigation so much because if he’s innocent there won’t be anything to find??  Shoe is on the other foot it seems and the protests can be heard loud and clear.   

So, you think because he commented on Biden being investigated, it proves he’s scared. LOL. 

Is Ron being investigated?

3 hours ago, NM11046 said:

That's why I'm puzzled about the MLK thing that happened in 1983 and going into effect in 1986 (and later in some states).  Would have thought the southern strategy was in effect and that's why some states down that way were late to the party or determined it should be shared with Lee.  Gotta be honest though, I do'n't have time to research it properly myself this week.

Reagan didn’t need a southern strategy to win. I think he genuinely cared for all races but sometimes old habits/ traditions got in his way too. But his VP really used the strategy in 1988 with Lee Atwater(sp?) as his campaign mgr 

18 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Remember this is the guy Trump allowed into his home and broke bread with only a few short months ago.  

glorification & worship of Hitler.  What's next?  Maybe we see a modern version of this where people drool over trading cards of trump looking like superman or something?   Wait.........

• Oh Yeah! 1