The Republican Utopia

20 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Why can’t they teach our history and explain that we are a great country because we have the power to change?

Seems ok to me. Anything that teaches us to learn and grow from our mistakes. Always moving forward towards progress.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I wonder how republicans reconcile in their brain honoring MLK but it’s horrible to teach our kids about our racist past.  

in Alabama and Mississippi they also honor Robert E. Lee today.   not sure how you can celebrate both at the same time.    it seems to be a more pick and choose so they can ignore the CRT that is MLK

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Good thing you don't live in Arkansas.

Heck I learned about plenty of these things in. American History class in western KS (ruby red) back in 1992.   Lesson blocks in womens suffrage, slavery, Japanese internment camps during the WW11 lesson block, multiple weeks on KS Indian issues and how they were eventually mistreated, civil rights issues learning about local events such as board v brown along with some of the bigger national events (Little Rock, Mississippi 5, etc).  Democrats act like this stuff isn’t actually taught at all.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Heck I learned about plenty of these things in. American History class in western KS (ruby red) back in 1992.   Lesson blocks in womens suffrage, slavery, Japanese internment camps during the WW11 lesson block, multiple weeks on KS Indian issues and how they were eventually mistreated, civil rights issues learning about local events such as board v brown along with some of the bigger national events (Little Rock, Mississippi 5, etc).  Democrats act like this stuff isn’t actually taught at all.  

That's so 1992.  Democrats aren't the ones making teaching this an issue.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1

9 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Just texted my old neighbor and many of those concepts I just described were taught to his boys in Rogers, AR during their HS curriculum:dunno

was CRT being banned then?  that seems to be the latest thing for red states.   the question is will they be taught about those things in the future.  

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1