The Republican Utopia

42 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

More of Desantis' myopia coming home to roost.  Same thing will happen with scientists, journalists, etc.  Why put in all that work and wind up being vilified often times with death threats when you can just be an insurance agent?  

It is true...then add in crazy parents that think they know everything and it can turn into a mess.

33 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I wonder when she will issue the executive order banning litter boxes in schools and requiring all new construction to have unvented gas stoves.  

why stop with stoves?   why allow rules making people vent their furnaces and fireplaces also?

54 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I don’t think the GOP is the group that wants to ban gas stoves to save humanity.  Someone must be accidentally saying GOP when he/she means DEM 

i thought the dems wanted gas stoves to be regulated to vent the fumes outside.    and the republicans are saying over our dead bodies?  or was it even a politician who said anything?  maybe you know the base source that started this craziness?

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, commando said:

maybe you know the base source that started this craziness

I don’t. One of the Dem leaders (AOC) is on board though.  I have an electric stove though so I don’t give a s#!t.    I think it’s funny Dems think this will help save humanity though.  

• Plus1 1

i know that every year it seems we hear stories of people who die from using their gas stoves to heat their home.   without venting it's stupid to use the stove that way.    if the proposal is to ban gas stoves then i think that is overboard.  if the call is to regulate them to vent fumes outside i am totally on board with that.  could even sell it as a rugged individualistic way to safely heat your home when the power goes out.   seriously inefficient way but a way to maybe keep the pipes from freezing in an emergency

There was a study that came out showing that asthma was higher in children who grew up with gas stoves. (by 2.8% I think  - based on a meta analysis of 40+ studies)

The study was presented and comments about regulation and venting came up - GOP folks have taken the narrative and run with it just like the did with high effciency lights bulbs years ago and low flush toilets during the Mara-lardo's reign.  There was also data that came out showing cognitive development being negatively impacted.

https://time.com/6247293/gas-stoves-right-wing-memes/

In case you don't read that far, "The federal government does not currently have any laws or guidelines in place that require gas stove emissions be vented outdoors, even though such laws do exist for gas furnaces, water heaters, and dryers."

There was talk of a rebate/tax credit of $850 to switch out your stove.  Some cities/states have already been limiting gas utilities in new buildings and homes for some time.   It's an effort to increase safety as well as decrease energy consumption.  And guess who hates it?  Gas & oil industry. And guess who does the dirty work for them because they take millions from them each year?  The GOP,  It's not hard to see the trees thru the forrest here, unless you just like to scream about $hit to get attention.  And the impact on cognitive ability of kids .. well I can only assume perhaps thats how they intend to increase their younger generation of voters.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1