The Republican Utopia

1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Other than the immense irony here, I want to point out that I'm not trying to "absolve" Hunter Biden when I said he should be arrested charged with any crimes he's done. I also have no idea what your last few lines of this statement even means. Again: if there are crimes involved with him investigate and charge him. I don't give a s#!t about Hunter Biden and my identity isn't wrapped up in political figures.

What I do want to push back on is the ever present right wing idea of the corrupt deep state being weaponized. "Biden would never let his DOJ properly investigate his son" other than when they did for FIVE years. "Well I'm not a lawyer but the National Review says that's a sweetheart deallll". Like I truly find the constant victimization and restructuring of reality right wingers put themselves through to be astonishing.

I understand it’s in your candidates best interest to not acknowledge why Hunter is important.   Why it’s in your candidates best interest to say” meh, we got him on a tax charge that is being leniently punished so let’s forget about the important stuff and move on.   5 years I tell ya, 5 years, 5 years!!!!”   I get why you don’t want to find out how much “the big guy” took home in Hunters unregistered FARA dealings (allegedly :lol:).  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

It's almost like he didn't even read what you posted Dr. Strangelove.

Yeah, what can you do. I really thought I couldn't be anymore clear about arresting/charging Hunter Biden because... those are my exact words. By all means, do it. 

At the same time, I understand why Trump voters do this. To rationalize their worldview and voting behavior they behave this way. After all, nobody wants to be the gullible rube grifted into voting for a corrupt moron, something that was obvious to anybody paying attention and who they received plenty of warning about. Nobody wants to be the person who voluntarily voted for a guy now under indictment for numerous crimes and who undermined America's democratic stability.

To make themselves feel like they aren't the bad guy, they create an alternative reality where the other side is just as morally bankrupt and corrupt as they are. That way their vote which enabled all the terrible outcomes doesn't matter. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 5

I imagine Eric Trump, Don Jr., Tiffany and perhaps even Barron Trump would envy the compassion and forgiveness Joe Biden has exhibited for his troubled son. 

Not so much Ivanka, who got perhaps an uncomfortable amount of attention from her father to go along with the sweetheart licensing deal he got her with China. The pedophile patrol may have forgotten that their President wanted to have sex with his young daughter. 

Also, anyone who doesn't think Don Jr. isn't coked out of his mind on many of his social media videos, doesn't know drugs. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I honestly don’t think I know anyone who has a problem with Hunter legitimately being investigated if there is cause.  

But, what republicans have come up with is absolutely laughably ridiculous. If you have actual evidence, let’s see it. 

We have.  His own WhatsApp message and laptop emails.   Sorry you didn’t like it! 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Yeah, what can you do. I really thought I couldn't be anymore clear about arresting/charging Hunter Biden because... those are my exact words. By all means, do it. 

At the same time, I understand why Trump voters do this. To rationalize their worldview and voting behavior they behave this way. After all, nobody wants to be the gullible rube grifted into voting for a corrupt moron, something that was obvious to anybody paying attention and who they received plenty of warning about. Nobody wants to be the person who voluntarily voted for a guy now under indictment for numerous crimes and who undermined America's democratic stability.

To make themselves feel like they aren't the bad guy, they create an alternative reality where the other side is just as morally bankrupt and corrupt as they are. That way their vote which enabled all the terrible outcomes doesn't matter. 

:lol:

• Plus1 1

24 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

More rage farming against the "woke" boogie man and some flat out racism to boot.  Ah Utopia

And when you're holding up Russia as a strong military, you really don't know what the f#&% you're talking about :facepalm:

I wonder just how far down the list of "military power" russia really is now...I mean, Poland is licking their chops right now to get some payback on those commie bastards. 

• Plus1 2

Here is another thing that I think most of us, who are reasonable, can agree on.  Time blindness is a thing, I know it did not have a name until recently but eating disorders did not have a name until like the 70's.  

How hard is it to just have some grace and compassion and realize that we do not all see time the same way.  Age doesn't matter, time doesn't matter, there are solutions to help people and be empathetic.  

At my school district we have started to "forgive" (not the right word but still), this, kids are late, kids miss the bell, this is normal. 

I know we have a few posters that do not believe that age can be changed and that you can't be blind to time, but look, it is real.

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

We have.  His own WhatsApp message and laptop emails.   Sorry you didn’t like it! 

And you still have no clue about understanding the chain of custody issues with the laptop.  If they are legit, arrest him. Problem that you obviously don’t understand is that those would be easily crucified in court. 

Then, they have this great informant that……is a Chinese spy. 

Come on…….you can do better. 

• Plus1 1