The Republican Utopia

On 7/22/2023 at 8:58 AM, funhusker said:

We never learn about all the money they made opening blacksmiths shops…

Like I said, this guy’s a clown.  I still think we’re getting “Punk’d”.  There has to be hidden cameras somewhere. Right?  Are people really dumb enough to eat this crap up?

The article is good.  Hope you get a chance to read it and research who came up with the curriculum.   Here is a snippet of the article….

The list is extremely long. That’s because, paceHarris, there’s a lot in there. If you are able to read it and conclude that the single reference to slaves developing skills (which I’ve bolded) is indicative of the narrative direction of the course, rather than a tiny (and correct) part of it, then you are beyond saving and you deserve to live your life as an ignoramus. There is simply no way of perusing this course and concluding that it “gaslights” people or whitewashes slavery. Among many, many other things, it includes sections on “the conditions for Africans during their passage to America”; “the living conditions of slaves in British North American colonies, the Caribbean, Central America and South America, including infant mortality rates”; “the harsh conditions and their consequences on British American plantations (e.g., undernourishment, climate conditions, infant and child mortality rates of the enslaved vs. the free)”; “the harsh conditions in the Caribbean plantations (i.e., poor nutrition, rigorous labor, disease)”; “how the South tried to prevent slaves from escaping and their efforts to end the Underground Railroad”; the “overwhelming death rates” caused by the practice; the many ways in which “Africans resisted slavery”; “the ramifications of prejudice, racism and stereotyping on individual freedoms”; and “the struggles faced by African American women in the 19th century as it relates to issues of suffrage, business and access to education.” Many of these modules apply to Florida specifically.

• Haha 2
  • TBH 1
On 7/22/2023 at 8:31 AM, BigRedBuster said:

It’s amazing that there are white people that are such snowflakes that they can’t just admit that there was nothing good about slavery. 

Did you ever get a chance to research the “white snowflakes” errrrrr black Americans that helped develop this curriculum?   Did you get a chance to go beyond the false headlines, consider the nuance, and understand the concepts being taught?  

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Did you ever get a chance to research the “white snowflakes” errrrrr black Americans that helped develop this curriculum?   Did you get a chance to go beyond the false headlines, consider the nuance, and understand the concepts being taught?  

LOL....you act like I give a crap who developed the curriculum. It's being promoted by white people who just seem to think it's so important to make slavery in the US not seem quite so bad.  Why do you feel the need to make it seem like black people benefited from slavery?

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

LOL....you act like I give a crap who developed the curriculum. It's being promoted by white people who just seem to think it's so important to make slavery in the US not seem quite so bad.  Why do you feel the need to make it seem like black people benefited from slavery?

Obviously I don’t think you give a crap, nor do I think you understand the curriculum those folks developed to be taught unfortunately.  otherwise you wouldn’t have the opinion you do.  Instead, you hate one particular person in Florida so much that it affects your opinion on this subject.   Read up on what is actually going to be taught and your opinion of the curriculum will change.  

Also, When have I posted that I feel the need to make it seem Black people benefited from slavery?  Pushing back on the false narratives being espoused is not the same as saying slavery was beneficial to blacks people.   Having a curriculum that says black slaves overcame the cruelty inflicted upon them and learned a trade that they were able to use in life is not the same thing as saying slavery was beneficial to them:facepalm:

To your second sentence, Are you basing this on a rando you saw from twitter.  LOL. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
10 minutes ago, Ulty said:

so this is really what you're going with?

Sounds like: my father beat the ever living f#&% out of me as a child, but I still turned out kinda normal with only a few scars and a small limp. One brother killed themselves, and my sisters died at my father's hands, but he taught all of us how change brakes on the car. So I've got that going for me. Which is nice. :thumbs

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
6 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Sounds like: my father beat the ever living f#&% out of me as a child, but I still turned out kinda normal with only a few scars and a small limp. One brother killed themselves, and my sisters died at my father's hands, but he taught all of us how change brakes on the car. So I've got that going for me. Which is nice. :thumbs

Good lord, is this real or just giving an example? 

20 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Is this really what you are going with?

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Obviously I don’t think you give a crap, nor do I think you understand the curriculum those folks developed to be taught unfortunately.  otherwise you wouldn’t have the opinion you do.  Instead, you hate one particular person in Florida so much that it affects your opinion on this subject.   Read up on what is actually going to be taught and your opinion of the curriculum will change.  

Also, When have I posted that I feel the need to make it seem Black people benefited from slavery?  Pushing back on the false narratives being espoused is not the same as saying slavery was beneficial to blacks people.   Having a curriculum that says black slaves overcame the cruelty inflicted upon them and learned a trade that they were able to use in life is not the same thing as saying slavery was beneficial to them:facepalm:

To your second sentence, Are you basing this on a rando you saw from twitter.  LOL. 

I have.

This curriculum falls right in line with him banning AP African American Studies and diversity training.  It's all about....let's not make white people feel bad.

The curriculum also tries to teach that slavery was way worse in other countries than the US.  Why?  Why do you need to feel better about slavery here in the US?

• Plus1 3