The Republican Utopia

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

At this point it may be largely symbolic, but we are also seeing individual teachers being reprimanded and fired for the subject matter discussed in class. Library books and curricula are just the places it gets codified for public discussion. 

Appreciate you acknowledging nuance, Teach.  Although the intent of the people seeking change to books and lesson plans is the least nuanced part of this. It's culture war s#!t. 

Obviously kids can get whatever they want online, but curating info has always been the educator's job. 

What subject do you teach anyway? 

Sanskirt, we are one of the few districts that still offer it as a language credit.  

• Haha 1

On 7/25/2023 at 5:01 PM, commando said:

lol....the right sure is triggered by.....Barbie

PJ Fleck took the team to watch this movie.

Let me preface this by saying that I watch 100% of the Hallmark Xmas movies, and that I wish they made those movies for pretty much every holiday.  But, I feel like I am the exception not the norm and that most of the Minny FB would probably not want to see that movie. I will watch it, once I can stream it.

Also, Ryan Gosling is in it and he is f#&%ing funny.

• Oh Yeah! 1

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

PJ Fleck took the team to watch this movie.

Let me preface this by saying that I watch 100% of the Hallmark Xmas movies, and that I wish they made those movies for pretty much every holiday.  But, I feel like I am the exception not the norm and that most of the Minny FB would probably not want to see that movie. I will watch it, once I can stream it.

Also, Ryan Gosling is in it and he is f#&%ing funny.

I love how Ryan went from a s#!tty HS corner back costing his team games to Hollywood eye Candy for the ladies.  

• Plus1 1
On 7/25/2023 at 9:56 AM, BigRedBuster said:

Nope,

I had also read this.

And, I still believe it's being white washed to make it seem not quite so bad as slaves in the US.  Which, is BS thrown in to make it so the thin skinned governor not throw a tantrum and cancel it.

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Shouldn't have had that much confidence in that fart.

I do want to add that, I hope he is OK.

Watching the presser, you can tell dude was using all of his internal batteries and willpower to stay standing there and not fall out at the podium.