The Republican Utopia

2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I suppose the way the speaker is chosen is a way to give the minority party some kind of power, and could be seen as a way to promote compromise. 

But it’s also kind of dumb. They should just vote on a person and the one with the most votes becomes speaker. The far right has everything to gain here. They either get someone favorable to them, the House passes no bills thus no funding and the government shuts down, or the rest of the GOP works witj the Democrats and angers the base more whuch leads them to elect more far right peoople. 

No kidding.  This seems like it makes the most sense.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I suppose the way the speaker is chosen is a way to give the minority party some kind of power, and could be seen as a way to promote compromise. 

But it’s also kind of dumb. They should just vote on a person and the one with the most votes becomes speaker. The far right has everything to gain here. They either get someone favorable to them, the House passes no bills thus no funding and the government shuts down, or the rest of the GOP works with the Democrats and angers the base more which leads them to elect more far right peoople. 

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

No kidding.  This seems like it makes the most sense.

The problem for the GOP would be that the current winner of that format would be Hakeem Jeffries. :lol:

1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

Ok this guy is like a weather vane. What ever direction the wind blows -he goes.  Don’t tell me he has core values outside of what is good for him. 

Pence might be the snakiest of the snakes out there.  Don't let the upstanding moral Christian act fool you.  Unless you're  a die hard Republican that is.