The Republican Utopia

38 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Have you discovered a subject that middle school boys can't destroy? 

Edited to add:  ah. I'm not the first one to make this clever observation.

Even as someone who grew up to be a full-time artist, I was guilty of engaging in this behavior. There's nothing quite like the way that middle school boys can specifically make music instructors sob.

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

In 2016, there were a number of Republican candidates in the race. Republican voters chose to go with the extreme fraudulent Baboon. 

This list must have changed since then.  

This list of my personal Republican Utopia has only slightly changed.  Getting rid of party affiliation on voting cards and allowing three person marriage or having Gov get out of marriage are the slight changes.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

In 2016, there were a number of Republican candidates in the race. Republican voters chose to go with the extreme fraudulent Baboon. 

This list must have changed since then.  

And the only GOP candidate remotely close to Trump in 2016 was Ted Cruz, possibly the only Republican more dislikable. 

• TBH 2
3 hours ago, teachercd said:

They like PE!

And lunch!

But man, I have seen it first hand, how much they hate (and ruin) art and music.  One school I was at, I think we went through 5 maybe 6 music teachers in like 8 years.

Sure they like PE. That doesn't mean they can't and won't ruin it.

In 8th grade our PE student teacher was Bill Terrio. Bill Terrio! The starting lineman for the National Champion Nebraska Cornhuskers! He was our hero and he was going to be our every day PE teacher. And we still made his life hell every day. Without even trying. We were a pack of wild squirrels. 

I liked 8th grade band, too. That didn't stop us from tearing the foam out of the seats and shooting foam spitballs through our trumpet mouthpieces. Or putting a ham sandwich in the tuba, where it remained all year. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
3 hours ago, funhusker said:

Thankfully, Industrial tech.

Or maybe I’m just awesome!

Is that a fancy name for shop class?

We also tormented shop teachers. They didn't let middle school kids use the most dangerous power tools, but one kid spent a semester on the belt sander, turning a 2 x 4 into a roach clip. 

On 11/9/2023 at 2:26 PM, teachercd said:

They like PE!

And lunch!

But man, I have seen it first hand, how much they hate (and ruin) art and music.  One school I was at, I think we went through 5 maybe 6 music teachers in like 8 years.

Most music teachers want to be at the HS or Elementary level.  

I was terrible at middle school art, but it was required. Our teacher had subtle hot vibes, so we a bit dug it, but she had wicked long sharp a$$ nails and if you pissed her off she would pinch both side of your neck from behind. I had a swollen lymph node in my neck from those nails into my 30s.

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Sure they like PE. That doesn't mean they can't and won't ruin it.

In 8th grade our PE student teacher was Bill Terrio. Bill Terrio! The starting lineman for the National Champion Nebraska Cornhuskers! He was our hero and he was going to be our every day PE teacher. And we still made his life hell every day. Without even trying. We were a pack of wild squirrels. 

I liked 8th grade band, too. That didn't stop us from tearing the foam out of the seats and shooting foam spitballs through our trumpet mouthpieces. Or putting a ham sandwich in the tuba, where it remained all year. 

Hahaha!  That is so gross and so awesome!

23 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I was terrible at middle school art, but it was required. Our teacher had subtle hot vibes, so we a bit dug it, but she had wicked long sharp a$$ nails and if you pissed her off she would pinch both side of your neck from behind. I had a swollen cyst in my neck from those nails into my 30s.

Oh man, middle school art teachers tend to be hot in their own way!

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Is that a fancy name for shop class?

We also tormented shop teachers. They didn't let middle school kids use the most dangerous power tools, but one kid spent a semester on the belt sander, turning a 2 x 4 into a roach clip. 

Correct.  It’s actually not even industrial tech anymore.  We got real uptown and go by Skilled and Technical Sciences!

3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

The one moment where it all came together perfectly was when the pack of wild squirrels got to play dodgeball. 

For us it was when we played sandlot football in the gym on rainy days sitting on those 1'x1' scooter things. It was mayhem. You were as likely to score a touchdown as you were to crush a finger.

• Oh Yeah! 1
13 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

The one moment where it all came together perfectly was when the pack of wild squirrels got to play dodgeball. 

I believe that the downfall of society can directly be traced to when dodgeball in PE was banned. 

9 hours ago, knapplc said:

For us it was when we played sandlot football in the gym on rainy days sitting on those 1'x1' scooter things. It was mayhem. You were as likely to score a touchdown as you were to crush a finger.

Scooter days turned into bumper car days so fast in my PE class. Pretty sure we had more concussions from headfirst collisions there than we ever did in football. 

• TBH 1