The Republican Utopia

17 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Why do they hate her? Is it because she has a song about not hating gay people?

It’s really quite stupid.   She’s a good role model for young girls, very successful in her own right, doesn’t chase fame, etc….

My guess is they don’t like her because they think she will help help Joe win in 2024.  If she was pro-Trump they would love her.   Very moronic reasoning.  

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

It’s really quite stupid.   She’s a good role model for young girls, very successful in her own right, doesn’t chase fame, etc….

My guess is they don’t like her because they think she will help help Joe win in 2024.  If she was pro-Trump they would love her.   Very moronic reasoning.  

I think it's obvious she wouldn't like Trump (I wasn't aware of her speaking on right wing politicians but it's pretty obvious from some of her lyrics she wouldn't like him), but I don't think she will actively help Biden. Maybe she'll say he can use her music.

Just now, Moiraine said:

I think it's obvious she doesn't like Trump, but I don't think she will actively help Biden. Maybe she'll say he can use her music.

Whether she helps Biden or not, is no reason to bag on her IMO.   She doesn’t deserve it and quite frankly everyone should be allowed an opinion.  Just don’t try and force it down people’s throats, which she isn’t nor hasn’t done. 

It’s also the macho football Bros, trying to act tough claiming she is ruining the football watching experience.   Give me a break.  Seeing her on tv for a few seconds a game a couple times a game should have no bearing on your viewing pleasure unless you are just insecure.  

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Whether she helps Biden or not, is no reason to bag on her IMO.   She doesn’t deserve it and quite frankly everyone should be allowed an opinion.  Just don’t try and force it down people’s throats, which she isn’t nor hasn’t done. 

It’s also the macho football Bros, trying to act tough claiming she is ruining the football watching experience.   Give me a break.  Seeing her on tv for a few seconds a game a couple times a game should have no bearing on your viewing pleasure unless you are just insecure.  

Totally agree. 

It’s also funny that those macho football bros hate seeing a beautiful woman on TV for a few seconds. 

Maybe they agree that Purdy has a nice a$$. 

• Haha 1
  • Worth a Look 1
1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

Why do they hate her? Is it because she has a song about not hating gay people?

I really think it is because she is a pop superstar that has entered their realm.  I think they would just like it to be focused on the game.  For the NFL, it means $$$.  New fans.  Same for networks.  I just don't get the hate.

I am a dad, an uncle and a brother to mega Swift fans.  I honestly stopped going gaga for celebrities a while ago.  I understand it though, and don't care.

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I think it's obvious she wouldn't like Trump (I wasn't aware of her speaking on right wing politicians but it's pretty obvious from some of her lyrics she wouldn't like him), but I don't think she will actively help Biden. Maybe she'll say he can use her music.

She's smart enough not to get overtly involved in politics. But she's smart enough to understand that her fans - primarily women aged 15-40 are also what, D+40 as a voting bloc?

Simply by encouraging voting itself would be helping Joe Biden. She can do that by not even picking a side. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Simply by encouraging voting itself would be helping Joe Biden. She can do that by not even picking a side

I hope she does do this.   It would be great if all celebrities just endorsed voting in general and let the voters make up their own mind.  

• TBH 2

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

There you have it.  MAGAt's kids can't play kids sports either.

so i guess in the song "convoy"....maga was not represented by the big burly truckers...they were represented by the 11 long haired friends of jesus

• Oh Yeah! 1