The Republican Utopia

30 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don't think this is "outrage" I think this is a person changing their mind (something that many posters here think can't happen) 

I disagree with Jenner and like all normal people was able to get through my day with no crying or whining...but Jenner felt differently and that is okay.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

The comments on this are funny. Inclusive left hating on Jenner, a trans, due to political differences. Ironic.

Isn't it a good thing to treat people as individuals and not give them a pass because they belong to a certain group? Surely you're not advocating for identity politics.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Isn't it a good thing to treat people as individuals and not give them a pass because they belong to a certain group? Surely you're not advocating for identity politics.

I dunno man...but it's hilarious they dog Jenner, on Trans Visibility Day, cuz Caitlin is conservative. Those same folks were spewing vitriol in the Easter vs Visibility day...lol

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

What the GOP is becoming under trump is a racist organization as trump and his team concentrate on 'reverse racism'  -  basically any law that allows access to minorities is  racist against whites. 

https://www.axios.com/2024/04/01/trump-reverse-racism-civil-rights

If Donald Trump returns to the White House, close allies want to dramatically change the government's interpretation of Civil Rights-era laws to focus on "anti-white racism" rather than discrimination against people of color.

Why it matters: Trump's Justice Department would push to eliminate or upend programs in government and corporate America that are designed to counter racism that has favored whites.

Targets would range from decades-old policies aimed at giving minorities economic opportunities, to more recent programs that began in response to the pandemic and the killing of George Floyd.

• Trump campaign spokesperson Steven Cheung told Axios: "As President Trump has said, all staff, offices, and initiatives connected to Biden's un-American policy will be immediately terminated."

Driving the news: Longtime aides and allies preparing for a potential second Trump administration have been laying legal groundwork with a flurry of lawsuits and legal complaints — some of which have been successful.

• A central vehicle for the effort has been America First Legal, founded by former Trump aide Stephen Miller, who has called the group conservatives' "long-awaited answer to the ACLU."
  • America First cited the Civil Rights Act of 1964 in February in a lawsuit against CBS and Paramount Global for what the group argued was discrimination against a white, straight man who was a writer for the show "Seal Team" in 2017.

•  
  • Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

I dunno man...but it's hilarious they dog Jenner, on Trans Visibility Day, cuz Caitlin is conservative. Those same folks were spewing vitriol in the Easter vs Visibility day...lol

Or maybe it's that Jenner has a history of being a pull the ladder up after themselves kind of person, a complete hypocrite, and they literally killed somebody.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 6

Not sure you have the irony in the right place. If the issue is trans representation, and one of the most prominent trans spokespeople reverses their position to pump a debunked partisan meme, it's entirely reasonable to ask Jenner why she's carrying water for a party that would prefer she remain invisible. 

Just want to be clear who you think was spewing the vitriol in this hilarious situation.  

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Not sure you have the irony in the right place. If the issue is trans representation, and one of the most prominent trans spokespeople reverses their position to pump a debunked partisan meme, it's entirely reasonable to ask Jenner why she's carrying water for a party that would prefer she remain invisible. 

Just want to be clear who you think was spewing the vitriol in this hilarious situation.  

An expected response, but from an unexpected source ... but thanks for your pov.

You evidently didn't read the thousands of replies to any X user that posted an Easter vs TDV 

• Plus1 1
  • Worth a Look 1

An expected response, but from an unexpected source ... but thanks for your pov.

You evidently didn't read the thousands of replies to any X user that posted an Easter vs TDV 

No, I get the vitriol aimed at Jenner and aggrieved defenders of Easter.  I'm just saying that it all started with trumped up Easter vs TDV outrage against Biden, spread by Jenner among others. Doesn't seem fair to stick one side with the vitriol label. 

Is this hilarious and hypocritical because you think liberals would be so conflicted over Caitlyn Jenner's trans status that they would abandon their position on the actual issue?  

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

No, I get the vitriol aimed at Jenner and aggrieved defenders of Easter.  I'm just saying that it all started with trumped up Easter vs TDV outrage against Biden, spread by Jenner among others. Doesn't seem fair to stick one side with the vitriol label. 

Is this hilarious and hypocritical because you think liberals would be so conflicted over Caitlyn Jenner's trans status that they would abandon their position on the actual issue?  

The whole thing is just weird.  Jenner becomes transgender and does quite a bit to try to educate people on the issues and the process.

MAGA shows that they are extreme anti trans.

Jenner then sides with them on the issue.  It's like she's caught in this weird black hole of MAGA and is totally sold on Trump so she has to go against everything she's worked for since coming out.  Then, you have MAGA and right wing media that love her.....even though they detest trans people...because she saying all the things they want her to say.

They always have that token black guy standing behind Trump and rallies.  Well, this is very similar.  She's their token transexual so they can be at parties and say...."I have a friend that's tran".

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The whole thing is just weird.  Jenner becomes transgender and does quite a bit to try to educate people on the issues and the process.

Jenner then sides with them on the issue.  It's like she's caught in this weird black hole of MAGA and is totally sold on Trump so she has to go against everything she's worked for since coming out.  Then, you have MAGA and right wing media that love her.....even though they detest trans people...because she saying all the things they want her to say.

They always have that token black guy standing behind Trump and rallies.  Well, this is very similar.  She's their token transexual so they can be at parties and say...."I have a friend that's tran".

If Caitlynn has inspired others to be their true selves, that's great. If your true self happens to be a Republican on everything but trans acceptance......I can get that, too. But to my eye, Caitlynn Jenner has more in common with the vapid attention-craving Kardashian-spawning LA reality show world than she does with civil rights pioneers. 

Is that too catty of me? 

• Plus1 6
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If Caitlynn has inspired others to be their true selves, that's great. If your true self happens to be a Republican on everything but trans acceptance......I can get that, too. But to my eye, Caitlynn Jenner has more in common with the vapid attention-craving Kardashian-spawning LA reality show world than she does with civil rights pioneers. 

Is that too catty of me? 

Haha!  This is the perfect amount of cattiness!  

I mean, Jenner clearly knew that tweet would get a bunch of buzz.

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Jenner becomes transgender and does quite a bit to try to educate people on the issues and the process.

Jenner then sides with them on the issue.

Farming corn, sorghum, milo, beans or wheat is nothing compared to the money folks can make farming right-wing rage.

• TBH 3
5 hours ago, knapplc said:

Farming corn, sorghum, milo, beans or wheat is nothing compared to the money folks can make farming right-wing rage.

It's really a remarkably approachable business decision, as evidenced by all of the tweets and youtube videos and google results farming outrage over the easter trans visibility non-story.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1