The Republican Utopia

15 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Yes he actually would have dominated the Republican primary based on polling data if Trump were not a candidate.  

He is also a MUCH better primary candidate than Trump.  If Trump ends up anywhere near Biden this election, DeSantis would have been President if not for Trump.  

This isn't really true. The problem with MAGA candidates without Trump is that the horde of morons refuse to trust any non-Trump candidate. MAGA is convinced Trump is their savior. Any non-Trump candidate is one Q-anon post away from being labeled a pedophile and a RINO. DeSantis entire candidacy revolved around the word "woke" and losing a PR battle with Disney, and this was a terrible candidate. 

If you wanted to dominate elections, my advice would be to first not vote for embarrassing candidates like Trump in 2016 and 2020. If you continue to participate in politics - which you have no business doing and should avoid at all costs - nominate normal candidates. If Republicans nominated Mitt Romney types for all their races, they would control the Presidency, House, and probably 57 Senate seats. Republicans play politics on easy mode but they punch themselves in the face repeatedly.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 1

35 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

If Republicans nominated Mitt Romney types for all their races, they would control the Presidency, House, and probably 57 Senate seats. Republicans play politics on easy mode but they punch themselves in the face repeatedly.

In fairness, Republicans nominated John McCain and Mitt Romney and lost handily. They regained their groove when they went psychotic and obstructionist, including state and local levels. 

• TBH 2
1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

This isn't really true. The problem with MAGA candidates without Trump is that the horde of morons refuse to trust any non-Trump candidate. MAGA is convinced Trump is their savior. Any non-Trump candidate is one Q-anon post away from being labeled a pedophile and a RINO. DeSantis entire candidacy revolved around the word "woke" and losing a PR battle with Disney, and this was a terrible candidate. 

If you wanted to dominate elections, my advice would be to first not vote for embarrassing candidates like Trump in 2016 and 2020. If you continue to participate in politics - which you have no business doing and should avoid at all costs - nominate normal candidates. If Republicans nominated Mitt Romney types for all their races, they would control the Presidency, House, and probably 57 Senate seats. Republicans play politics on easy mode but they punch themselves in the face repeatedly.

You crack me up :laughpound

• TBH 2

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Republicans working hard for the American people. 

I finally saw some stuff with this dork, he is one of those guys that goes to college campuses and tries to debate thing with college kids.  Soooooo lame

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Interesting read. 

What should happen to these politicians if it’s found that they are secretly being paid by Russian operatives to do what Putin wants?

https://www.thebulwark.com/p/the-gop-is-the-party-of-putin?r=2jt0v&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web

RUSSIAN PROPAGANDA HAS MADE ITS WAY into the United States, unfortunately, and it’s infected a good chunk of my party’s base.” That acknowledgement from Michael McCaul, Republican chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, was echoed a few days later by Michael Turner, the chairman of the Intelligence Committee. “It is absolutely true, we see, directly coming from Russia, attempts to mask communications that are anti-Ukraine and pro-Russia messages, some of which we even hear being uttered on the House floor.” Among the falsehoods that GOP members of Congress are repeating is the notion that the Ukraine war is actually a battle between NATO and Russia. “Of course it is not,” Turner told CNN. “To the extent that this propaganda takes hold, it makes it more difficult for us to really see this as an authoritarian versus democracy battle.”

"Recall that when Putin launched the full-scale invasion of Ukraine in 2022, Trump’s initial response was that it was a “genius” move.  I went in yesterday and there was a television screen, and I said, “This is genius.” Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine—of Ukraine—Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful. He used the word “independent” and “we’re gonna go out and we’re gonna go in and we’re gonna help keep peace.” You gotta say that’s pretty savvy.

A non-sociopath would say it was raw aggression of the worst kind. A normal Republican of the pre-Trump mold would have been outraged at the attempted rape of a peaceful, democratic neighbor.

Most Republican office holders are not sociopaths, but they take their marching orders from one and have adjusted their consciences accordingly. The talking point J.D. Vance and his ilk favor is that they cannot be concerned about Ukraine’s border when our southern border is also being invaded. Of course it’s absurd to compare immigrants looking for work or safety to tanks, bombs, and missiles, but that’s what passes for Republican reasoning these days. In any case, it was revealed to be hollow when Biden and the Democrats offered an extremely strict border bill to sweeten aid for Ukraine, and the GOP turned it down flat.

Russia’s fingerprints are all over the Republicans’ failed attempt to impeach (in all senses of the word) Joe Biden. Their star witness, Alexander Smirnov—who alleged that Hunter and Joe Biden had been paid $5 million in bribes by Burisma—was indicted in February for making false statements. High-ranking Russians appear to be his sources.

Putin now wields more power over the GOP than anyone other than Trump. GOP propagandists indulge fictions that even many Russians can see through: Ukraine is governed by Nazis; Russia is a religious, Christian nation; Russia is fighting “wokeness.”

Republicans are not so much isolationist as pro-authoritarian. They’ve made Hungary’s Viktor Orbán a pinup and they mouth Russian disinformation without shame. Putin must be pinching himself.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 2

Who TF thinks it’s funny (laughing emoji) that US politicians have sided with Putin and are doing his bidding? Or maybe you’re just stupid and refuse to believe it in the face of overwhelming and unquestionable evidence. There are only two choices here. 1) you are amazingly stupid and don’t deserve an opinion or 2) you are also a traitor to the US and deserve the fate of a traitor. Well and a 3rd option I guess, both.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 4
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Who TF thinks it’s funny (laughing emoji) that US politicians have sided with Putin and are doing his bidding? Or maybe you’re just stupid and refuse to believe it in the face of overwhelming and unquestionable evidence. There are only two choices here. 1) you are amazingly stupid and don’t deserve an opinion or 2) you are also a traitor to the US and deserve the fate of a traitor. Well and a 3rd option I guess, both.

The usual drive-bys.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Not sure but I do know it's someone who can't form a cogent rebuttal. Or game this out and imagine the world when Trump comes to power with his retribution tour and forms an axis with Putin/Xi/Kim/Orban/ etc.  In other words a MAGA cultist who thinks they'll be a just fine in a kleptocracy.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

There's a decent contingent of folks who feel outnumbered and use the laugh emoji as a troll job to feel better. Best to just laugh it off yourself and keep scrolling.

• TBH 2