The Republican Utopia

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Soooo....now the conspiracy is that the infection rate is artificially being underreported to hurt Trump?

Ummm.....who didn’t ramp up testing again?

This is exactly what will happen if he loses the election. He will try to stay in the White House. 

The GOP is attacking the FBI over this note they found on the Flynn case, but isn't this what law enforcement does? Try to catch people in lies? Then use the fact they caught them in a lie against them to get more information. This seems like business as usual to me.

One of the pages is a handwritten note, apparently from an FBI official, about the bureau's interview with Flynn. "What's our goal? Truth/Admission or get him to lie, so we can prosecute him or get him fired?" Elsewhere it says, "we have a case on Flynn + Russians."

• Plus1 2
12 hours ago, Moiraine said:

The GOP is attacking the FBI over this note they found on the Flynn case, but isn't this what law enforcement does? Try to catch people in lies? Then use the fact they caught them in a lie against them to get more information. This seems like business as usual to me.

This is that whole perjury trap garbage again. Nobody makes you purger yourself, you're the one who can't tell the truth!

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I can't read the article. Can you summarize?

Corsi accidentally sent and email to his FBI agent on the Mueller case instead of the Doctor he meant to send it to. That agent just so happens to be investigating COVID-19 related medical scams. The agent asked for everything Corsi had on the trials and doctor. Corsi turned the material over and says there is nothing bad here. He says the doctor was mistaken on what is meant by an FDA approved test. The doctor seems to have only had a clinical type trial at a hospital, but told people he had an FDA approved trial for HC that Trump has been pimping. It doesn't really sound all that criminal to me, just really stupid.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I can't read the article. Can you summarize?

Corsi is a conservative media dude who was apparently a birther and close to Roger Stone during the 2016 campaign. As part of that he was grilled by Mueller's team. He was never charged with a crime but at one point prosecutors had a draft plea agreement stating he lied about Wikileaks.

Anyway, fast forward. He was trying to get in touch with a doc, Zelenko, who he said stated he had an FDA-approved trial of hydroxychloroquine underway. Corsi apparently is still touting HCQ and the two are collaborating on a website to connect people with doctors for non-emergent consultation, diagnosis and prescription of drugs virtually. Anywho, Corsi meant to sent an email about that trial to Zelenko, but he instead sent it to Aaron Zelinsky, a federal prosecutor who worked with Mueller and is now working on coronavirus-related crimes like hocking fake cures, selling fake PPE and Medicare reimbursement fraud.

Zelinsky could not find record of Zelenko's trial on a government database of trials, so he replied to the email by contact Corsi's lawyer and asking for them to submit all of Corsi's communication with Zelenko.

I know that's long but basically it's a case of mistaken email recipient except that they will both be scrutinized for potential crimes.