The Republican Utopia

10 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Do you ever think about how 62+ Million people could have possibly voted for Trump, then walk around all day and then realize how many f#&%ing morons you interact with? 

I wouldn't necessarily agree the problem is entirely stupidity and I'm in favor of de-stigmatizing low intelligence anyway. >50% of the population is average intelligence or lower so we should not shame folks but be honest about it and grapple with how it affects our politics.

I do think the larger problem, one that's a sad reflection of our society, is that so many refuse to admit this isn't normal and the way Trumpworld operates is bad. Clearly the rest of us realize how messed up this is. And the left also clearly has no problem critiquing and criticizing their own or you wouldn't see as much scrutiny of Biden, Pelosi, et al. coming from the left.

It's just the GOP. It's just Trump's supporters. They refuse to admit anything is amiss and always point the finger elsewhere. It's always someone else's fault and there's zero accountability. And their voters eat it up and coy that behavior. It's a cult with a bunch of psychopaths at the wheel.

The best play is to peel off as many voters from their base as we can and watch the rest collapse like a neutron star.

On 5/11/2020 at 2:40 PM, teachercd said:

Wow, I loved Weber in Wings...had no idea he was doing political stuff now.

On 5/11/2020 at 2:51 PM, funhusker said:

I was just thinking about that show the other day, I loved it.  I think it was on USA every afternoon before the primetime shows started.

You are correct that he could play the part of a responsible "one man airline" better than anyone.  But I don't think he gets near enough credit for his portrayal of David Koresh...

I absolutely loved Wings as a kid. I'd watch it all the time; that and Quantum Leap on USA. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
16 minutes ago, commando said:

good lord.....i got about 2 minutes in and had to stop.  how much torture is it to watch it all?

It’s only about 6 minutes,  but it doesn’t get any better after the first 2 minutes.  Pretty much the same awkward comments.  I’m still trying to figure out the “Jeremy” thing...