The Republican Utopia

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Now...THAT would be must-see-TV.

They already did this and Trump called himself a "stable genius". I don't think asking Trump about his own mental health does anything useful. Maybe start asking all the people around him who could potentially invoke the 25th Amendment.

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

They already did this and Trump called himself a "stable genius". I don't think asking Trump about his own mental health does anything useful. Maybe start asking all the people around him who could potentially invoke the 25th Amendment.

I think that's a waste of time. None of them have the spine to go against him.

If Trump does have mental issues we'll never find out about them. I don't care about speculation about his mental health just like I don't about Biden's because in the end it will amount to nothing. If we want Trump gone, there's only one way.

48 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

I think that's a waste of time. None of them have the spine to go against him.

If Trump does have mental issues we'll never find out about them. I don't care about speculation about his mental health just like I don't about Biden's because in the end it will amount to nothing. If we want Trump gone, there's only one way.

You're probably right.

10 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

I wish you were right and the 25th was a viable way to rid us of this monster. But nothing we've seen from the GOP and the cronies Trump has around him gives me hope on that front.

I was thinking maybe their own greed and self-preservation would cause them to throw Trump under the bus if the general election numbers started looking bad. And reporters asking them about mental health and the 25th Amendment gives them the groundwork to do it.

2 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I was thinking maybe their own greed and self-preservation would cause them to throw Trump under the bus if the general election numbers started looking bad. And reporters asking them about mental health and the 25th Amendment gives them the groundwork to do it.

I think we're on the same page about that. I don't think Mitch McConnell and the GOP care about anything more than power. If at some point defending Trump means risking their power they'll throw him under the bus and scatter.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’m not a big fan of AOC. But, if I gave to decide between these two.....

Decide what?  One is a personality on TV and one just tweeted that she hopes oil tanks and is an elected official.  

This would be like comparing Andrew Dice Clay to Nancy Pelosi.  They do different things.

1 minute ago, BlitzFirst said:

Looked for the tweet you referenced and couldn't find the one where she hoped oil tanked.  I went back 3 days.  Can you post a link so we can see how she tweeted that she hopes that oil tanks?

She said..."I absolutely love to see this"...the tweet was deleted shortly after the fallout against it started

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

I found a link to the deleted tweet.  It's not nearly as bad of a look as people are trying to make it out to be.

xT0hHqQ.jpg

She deleted and then tempered her response as a little less glib here:

Pretty sure she realized that cheering for the decline of big oil is also cheering for decline for those that have jobs in big oil and deleted/changed her tweet.

She and Trump are alike in that respect...they tweet the first thing that comes to mind, even if it means a sh*tshow will follow...

The adapted second tweet would not have caused (much) response if it had been the only one imo 

• Plus1 1