The Republican Utopia

9 hours ago, knapplc said:

Remember the "walk away" farce they tried to pull a while ago? 

Funny story. Seems like it's IRL happening with the Republican party.

Except I would change one thing - Ashley didn't so much leave the Republican party as it left her. I'm sure her values and morals haven't changed. It's the party that's changed, and that no longer aligns with her.

This is why I'm no longer Republican. I think there's a lot of disaffected people like us out there.

The platform for the party now is spite and hatred. Everything they do is motivated by those guiding principles. If more people would leave the party we could get some progress in this country, and perhaps a party that aligns with Ashley's ideals.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

She's not a terrible public speaker, but holy crap did they give her the wrong message to deliver, and the wrong tone in which to deliver it!

This is Democrat Party levels of poor messaging. Which is really unusual for the Republicans. 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yeah we talked recently about deepfakes in this context.

With as good as those are getting, when they inevitably wind up being weaponized for politics, it's going to get really messy. A lot of Americans have not exactly shown their mettle in being discerning about telling truth from misinformation.

• Plus1 2