The Republican Utopia

Because OF COURSE they are. 

If you haven't jumped off the Republican bandwagon yet, you're a bad person.

Here's this thread, unwrapped:

Senate Republicans are defending Trump after revelations that he told Woodward he intentionally downplayed the coronavirus in order to avoid creating a panic and gave the public a rosy assessment despite what he knew privately 

Sen. Thom Tillis, a vulnerable Republican, said he wants to see "the full context" of Trump's comments before fully weighing in. But he added: "When you're in a crisis situation, you have to inform people for their public health but you also don't want to create hysteria.” 

Sen. Lindsey Graham, a South Carolina, pointed to Feb. 29 comments that Fauci made on the "Today" show where he said that there was "no need" for people to change their lifestyles "at this moment," though Fauci also warned about the threat of "community spread" from coronavirus 

“I think it became clear that the human transmission was greater than originally thought," Graham told me

Graham added of Trump: "I don’t think he needs to go on TV and screaming we’re all going to die.” 

Asked again if he was OK with Trump admitting that he played down the threat, Graham said: “His actions of shutting the economy down were the right actions. I think the tone during that time sort of spoke for itself. People knew it was serious” 

Other Republicans had similar refrains.

"I’d argued since day one that we put this in proper perspective: I have not been in favor of these overall shut downs, have been devastating to the economy, devastating to people's health in other ways," said Sen. Ron Johnson 

Johnson added: "It’s been a difficult thing to manage, and I’ve tried not to be critical of any government officials having to make really tough decisions with imperfect information.... So I understand what he's saying. I don't think it's an illegitimate point to make."

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

WTF????

Killing people is now just a teenager doing stupid things?

Hey this is a way better reply than the people arguing it was self defense or my cousin who shared a posting saying that these loser BLM supporters got a hole in the head when they took on a mere 17 year old and lost.

Perhaps this wasn't the GOP idea when they said they wanted to enlarge their tent::dunno:o

https://www.the-sun.com/news/1463548/transsexual-satanist-anarchist-wins-nomination-new-hampshire-sheriff/

“You feel betrayed. You may even be wondering how the party that you so believed in could do something like this. But, odds are, you’re blaming me,” DiMezzo wrote.

DiMezzo, the High Priestess of the Reformed Satanic Church, said she’s running for the law enforcement position to oppose the “reckless” partisan electoral system that allowed her to become the Republican nominee.

“More than 4,000 people went into the voting booth on September 8 this week, and they all filled in the circle by my name despite knowing absolutely nothing about the person they were nominating to the most powerful law enforcement position in the county.” DiMezzo wrote.

She added: “The system that let you down by allowing me–the freaking transsexual Satanist anarchist–be your sheriff candidate is the same system I’m attacking. I’m sorry, and I know it hurts to hear, but that system is a lie.”

DiMezzo added that she won the election for the same reasons Donald Trump won the presidential election in 2016.

“What of Donald Trump, a Democrat who won the Republican nomination for President for exactly the same reasons I just won the Republican nomination for Cheshire County Sheriff? It’s all a lie. It’s all broken,” DiMezzo said.

She also slammed both Republicans and Democrats as “parties of hostility, aggression, taxation, military-style policing” -- but praised the informed citizens of a grassroots campaign to write-in Earl Nelson, another long-time Republican candidate who announced he was not running in this election.

“One person did their research prior to the election, and he spread what he found everywhere. Good on him. That is a person I respect,” DiMezzo said.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1