The Republican Utopia

5 hours ago, commando said:

republicans are scared of finding out about how the BLM, Antifa, and other extreme lefty groups invaded the capitol on jan 6.  i wonder why?

He has an appropriate name.  Everything cycles - including "McCarthyism" .   The once 1st amendment free speech party has now being formed into a fascist, monolithic cult.

1. a vociferous campaign against alleged communists in the US government and other institutions carried out under Senator Joseph McCarthy in the period 1950–54. Many of the accused were blacklisted or lost their jobs, although most did not in fact belong to the Communist Party.
    • a campaign or practice that endorses the use of unfair allegations and investigations.
      "he practiced McCarthyism long before there was a McCarthy"
  • Plus1 2

46 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Stripping away voting rights is among the most un-American things those in power can do. We need to increase the right of citizens to vote, not narrow it.

No one that is legally able to vote has had their voting rights stripped away.  

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
20 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

No one that is legally able to vote has had their voting rights stripped away.  

Here's a hot take for you.  How about making voting easier not harder since there has been no proof of a significant level of voter fraud and if your party gets it's hat handed to it, go back to the drawing board and come up with policies that people support?

Nah, better to target the times and methods of people who choose to vote differently than you. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

Here's a hot take for you.  How about making voting easier not harder since there has been no proof of a significant level of voter fraud and if your party gets it's hat handed to it, go back to the drawing board and come up with policies that people support?

Nah, better to target the times and methods of people who choose to vote differently than you. 

Would you be in favor of adding days to vote and hours to vote in the day 

• Plus1 2
9 hours ago, commando said:

republicans are scared of finding out about how the BLM, Antifa, and other extreme lefty groups invaded the capitol on jan 6.  i wonder why?

I only know of one BLM (or maybe he was Antifa) dude that was there. He took a bunch of video.I watched it. Claimed he was just there to document, but ultimately got arrested and charged for entering like everyone else.

6 hours ago, knapplc said:

Stripping away voting rights is among the most un-American things those in power can do. We need to increase the right of citizens to vote, not narrow it.

I read about the decision. This is an overstatement. What part do you have issue with? I read on CNN (so the left wing media), that they upheld two provisions. 1) Election Day ballots need to be cast in the correct precinct. 2) delivery of someone else’s ballot had to be done by a caregiver, the post office, or an election official. They could make #2 more broad, but it’s not like they said Hispanics can’t vote.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, nic said:

I read about the decision. This is an overstatement. What part do you have issue with? I read on CNN (so the left wing media), that they upheld two provisions. 1) Election Day ballots need to be cast in the correct precinct. 2) delivery of someone else’s ballot had to be done by a caregiver, the post office, or an election official. They could make #2 more broad, but it’s not like they said Hispanics can’t vote.

Correct.  The fear mongers are just having a hissy fit

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1