The Republican Utopia

7 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Correct.  The fear mongers are just having a hissy fit

I certainly have used the slippery slope argument before, but so far nothing I have a problem with except maybe broadening the language on caregiver. I certainly do not want Dem or Repub, “get out the vote” volunteers doing it.

• Plus1 3

15 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Didn't think so.  And what forms of i.d. are allowed? Student i d.?  Utility bill?  

18 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Didn't think so.  And what forms of i.d. are allowed? Student i d.?  Utility bill?  

WHAT IDS ARE ACCEPTABLE?

• Any valid state or federal government issued photo ID, including a free ID Card issued by your county registrar's office or the Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS) 
  • A Georgia Driver's License, even if expired
  • Valid employee photo ID from any branch, department, agency, or entity of the U.S. Government, Georgia, or any county, municipality, board, authority or other entity of this state
  • Valid U.S. passport ID
  • Valid U.S. military photo ID
  • Valid tribal photo ID

Bring one of these six forms of identification to vote.

GEORGIA'S VOTER IDENTIFICATION CARD

If you do not have one of the six acceptable forms of photo ID, the State of Georgia offers a free ID Card. An ID card can be issued at any county registrar's office or Department of Driver Services Office free of charge.

To receive a voter identification card, the voter must provide:

• A photo identity document or approved non-photo identity document that includes full legal name and date of birth
  • Documentation showing the voter's date of birth
  • Evidence that the applicant is a registered voter
  • Documentation showing the applicant's name and residential address
  • Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

WHAT IDS ARE ACCEPTABLE?

• Any valid state or federal government issued photo ID, including a free ID Card issued by your county registrar's office or the Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS) 
  • Valid employee photo ID from any branch, department, agency, or entity of the U.S. Government, Georgia, or any county, municipality, board, authority or other entity of this state
  • Valid U.S. passport ID
  • Valid tribal photo ID

If you do not have one of the six acceptable forms of photo ID, the State of Georgia offers a free ID Card. An ID card can be issued at any county registrar's office or Department of Driver Services Office free of charge.

• A photo identity document or approved non-photo identity document that includes full legal name and date of birth

GOP officials, on camera, have openly admitted to the purpose of these laws a decade ago. Give it up. Your party of America hating crazies have won the game. Stop trying so hard and enjoy your victory lap.

Just like when some idiot strolled down the escalator and said that Mexicans are rapists and murderers and voters like you cheered, we tried to warn you that it would be a disaster? This is exactly like that moment. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 3
1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

GOP officials, on camera, have openly admitted to the purpose of these laws a decade ago. Give it up. Your party of America hating crazies have won the game. Stop trying so hard and enjoy your victory lap.

Just like when some idiot strolled down the escalator and said that Mexicans are rapists and murderers and voters like you cheered, we tried to warn you that it would be a disaster? This is exactly like that moment. 

Ok

• Plus1 2

9 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

WHAT IDS ARE ACCEPTABLE?

• Valid U.S. passport ID
  • Valid tribal photo ID

So you really didn't mean to insinuate that the Georgia law was anything like what Manchin proposed.  You were just be wily. You little devil, you.  Hehehe.

5 hours ago, Scarlet said:

So you really didn't mean to insinuate that the Georgia law was anything like what Manchin proposed.  You were just be wily. You little devil, you.  Hehehe.

Nope.  GA law is a good law for many of the Democrat states to follow though 

• Plus1 2
16 hours ago, nic said:

I read on CNN (so the left wing media)

You undermine the credibility of your argument when you post stuff like this. CNN isn't left wing. MSNBC is pro-Dem party, so you could maybe call them left, but really none of the main stream media is left wing as MSM is pretty heavily pro-Wall Street and pro-corporate unlike the majority of the left. If you want to see the actual left wing then check out something like The Majority Report or The Rational National.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
6 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

You undermine the credibility of your argument when you post stuff like this. CNN isn't left wing. MSNBC is pro-Dem party, so you could maybe call them left, but really none of the main stream media is left wing as MSM is pretty heavily pro-Wall Street and pro-corporate unlike the majority of the left. If you want to see the actual left wing then check out something like The Majority Report or The Rational National.

Actually, they are.

https://www.allsides.com/news-source/cnn-media-bias

https://www.adfontesmedia.com/

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2020/04/01/americans-main-sources-for-political-news-vary-by-party-and-age/

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

It doesn’t undermine what CNN reported in the article, and when I read a similar story on Fox News (the right wing media) they mentioned a provision that CNN didn’t have listed. It often amazes me how these two news orgs have such different spins on the same story. What ever happened to just reporting the facts....all of them. Not just the ones that fit your narrative. I agree that MSNBC is pretty far left, but CNN is catching up.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, nic said:

I agree that MSNBC is pretty far left, but CNN is catching up.

MSNBC isn't even close to far left, so you're not agreeing with me. MSNBC is pro-Dem party, which you could argue as left wing if you assume the left wing and the Dem party are the same (they are not) but MSNBC is definitely not far left wing.