The Republican Utopia

22 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The last few pages are a good reminder why people complain about government but we keep having the same terrible people reelected. Dogmatic defense of a party is one of the primary problems of our political climate. 

You are so right.

This is just as idiotic as saying he caused gas prices to go down last summer and Biden caused them to increase this summer.

But, it shows him as still being the lying piece of s#!t he has always been.  LINK

In total day, Fox News topped total viewers with 1.19 million, down 37% from the same month a year earlier. MSNBC averaged 835,000 viewers, down 28%, and CNN posted 610,000, down 44%. In the 25-54 demo, Fox News was at 203,000, down 38%, followed by CNN with 147,000, off by 51%, and MSNBC with 108,000, down 39%.

10 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

:clap

Biden’s biggest immigration proposal to date would allow more new immigrants into the U.S. while giving millions of unauthorized immigrants who are already in the country a pathway to legal status. The expansive legislation would create an eight-year path to citizenship for the nation’s estimated 10.5 million unauthorized immigrants, update the existing family-based immigration system, revise employment-based visa rules and increase the number of diversity visas. 

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I'm guessing the viewership numbers would be down from 2008 to 2009, 2012 to 2013, 2016 to 2017, etc. 

Election years tend to draw higher ratings. Go figure. 

Yes....also, what was everyone doing last May?  Were they out on the town drinking and galavanting around?  Or, were they stuck in their homes with nothing to do but watch TV?

53 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

It being political theater means that it's performative and not actually helpful.

49 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Things don't have to only be this or that. It can be helpful, and she may have announced it theatrically. Not too hard of a concept to grasp. 

It cannot be both helpful and political theater - they are mutually exclusive concepts. Maybe you did not know that, so you may not have meant to agree that it's political theater. Regardless, it's still not helpful nor was it intended to be helpful - just trying to score cheap political points without accomplishing anything of substance.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

It's all Republican governors. And all of their economies rely on these immigrants. 

Yeah, it's theater. And it's costing taxpayers. And it's antithetical to their own economies.

Why is anyone defending this?

"The deployment is to be paid for by a private donation, Noem's office said, and the details of the mission have yet to be finalized. "

Anyone think the private donation thing maybe sets a bad standard. Is this a thing I just didn't know about? If I have enough cash and know a governor, can I pay for the national guard to beat up an a$$h@!e neighbor? 

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

It cannot be both helpful and political theater - they are mutually exclusive concepts. Maybe you did not know that, so you may not have meant to agree that it's political theater. Regardless, it's still not helpful nor was it intended to be helpful - just trying to score cheap political points without accomplishing anything of substance.

I wonder if it scores points with the National Guard member that now has to spend an extended period of time away from family and their normal job.

1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

"The deployment is to be paid for by a private donation, Noem's office said, and the details of the mission have yet to be finalized. "

Anyone think the private donation thing maybe sets a bad standard. Is this a thing I just didn't know about? If I have enough cash and know a governor, can I pay for the national guard to beat up an a$$h@!e neighbor? 

VERY bad standard and I believe it should be required to reveal who donated it.

• Plus1 2

21 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

...Ah, so just like the original Tweet you posted...

• Oh Yeah! 1
Just now, RedDenver said:

A governor sending out troops for political theater and a tweet pointing out ridiculousness of that. Yep, totally the same.

Just think of all the taxpayer money that tweet cost! And how many families it separated while deployed! All so the tweeter can get some cheap pub for their upcoming presidential campaign.

TOTES the same thing. :D  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Things don't have to only be this or that. It can be helpful, and she may have announced it theatrically. Not too hard of a concept to grasp. 

50 alone would be a drop in the bucket. 50+300+500+250 et cetera becomes meaningful when "doing the math."

Does it though? The Guard is prohibited by law from engaging in law enforcement acts within the US; which means they can't arrest smugglers or detain illegal border crossers. They are there to observe, give rides, and provide labor for construction projects.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I wonder if it scores points with the National Guard member that now has to spend an extended period of time away from family and their normal job.

VERY bad standard and I believe it should be required to reveal who donated it.

Maybe it was Bill Moos