The Republican Utopia

3 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

The first link doesn't rate CNN's broadcast only their cnn.com articles.

NOTE: This rating is not for CNN's TV/broadcast content, nor its opinion/editorial content. This bias rating reflects the online, written news content available on CNN.com only. AllSides does not rate broadcast content for any outlet.

And even then it's based on polls of people's opinions on whether CNN is left. Same for the third link. Neither of which actually address where CNN lies politically in their coverage, but instead on how other people view CNN.

And the second link rates CNN as Neutral bordering on Skews Left, which is exactly what I'm saying - CNN is not left wing.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

And even then it's based on polls of people's opinions on whether CNN is left. Same for the third link. Neither of which actually address where CNN lies politically in their coverage, but instead on how other people view CNN.

And the second link rates CNN as Neutral bordering on Skews Left, which is exactly what I'm saying - CNN is not left wing.

To be honest their broadcast is probably worse than their print media. Broadcast is pretty much the main reason I turn away from any of their media or apps.

• Plus1 1
26 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

MSNBC isn't even close to far left, so you're not agreeing with me. MSNBC is pro-Dem party, which you could argue as left wing if you assume the left wing and the Dem party are the same (they are not) but MSNBC is definitely not far left wing.

I will admit that I am being flippant with my terminology. I have not watched Newsmax for example, but I would guess they are right of Fox, since I know some former Fox viewers that think Fox is no longer conservative enough. There are probably many news orgs I am not familiar with that are left of MSNBC, and some that are right of Newsmax. 

I will also admit that I tend to categorize the media as being right and left, or conservative/liberal, and read articles through that filter. It’s because most news articles I read are littered with bias and opinion simply by what they chose to report on and how they frame it. Start reading the same stories from Fox and CNN and you will immediately see what I mean. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, nic said:

I will admit that I am being flippant with my terminology. I have not watched Newsmax for example, but I would guess they are right of Fox, since I know some former Fox viewers that think Fox is no longer conservative enough. There are probably many news orgs I am not familiar with that are left of MSNBC, and some that are right of Newsmax. 

I will also admit that I tend to categorize the media as being right and left, or conservative/liberal, and read articles through that filter. It’s because most news articles I read are littered with bias and opinion simply by what they chose to report on and how they frame it. Start reading the same stories from Fox and CNN and you will immediately see what I mean. 

Thanks for the explanation of your views.

23 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Their .com articles are repeated on the air, and vice versa. Their on-air personalities are most definitely left. So, if this is only based on personal opinions...my opinion is equal to yours. They are definitely left.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, ZRod said:

To be honest their broadcast is probably worse than their print media. Broadcast is pretty much the main reason I turn away from any of their media or apps.

Being "worse" is more the quality of their coverage than their political slant. Fox, MSNBC, and CNN are all pretty bad at covering the news and are more and more just opinion shows and spectacle to get eyeballs.

1 minute ago, DevoHusker said:

Their .com articles are repeated on the air, and vice versa. Their on-air personalities are most definitely left. So, if this is only based on personal opinions...my opinion is equal to yours. They are definitely left.

You're free to think their personalities are left, but as someone that considers myself to be more left than center, I don't see CNN as being left. 

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

You're free to think their personalities are left, but as someone that considers myself to be more left than center, I don't see CNN as being left. 

This is an good point. How far left or right is relative. As I mentioned, I know people who think Fox News is becoming left of center. :cowbell: 

1 hour ago, nic said:

This is an good point. How far left or right is relative. As I mentioned, I know people who think Fox News is becoming left of center. :cowbell: 

People always judge based on their own views. 

Fact is, CNN  is one probably the major news network that is closest to the center. 

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

People always judge based on their own views. 

Fact is, CNN  is one probably the major news network that is closest to the center. 

I used to think so, but they shifted significantly in the last 5 to 10 years and seem to be obsessed with Trump and Fox News. Very disappointing. I remember going to to headline news just to get the 30 minute summary.....repeated for 24 hours. :D Now they are like reading an OpEd.

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, nic said:

I used to think so, but they shifted significantly in the last 5 to 10 years and seem to be obsessed with Trump and Fox News. Very disappointing. I remember going to to headline news just to get the 30 minute summary.....repeated for 24 hours. :D Now they are like reading an OpEd.

I have never, and I mean never, dialed up Fox News by choice. Maybe saw it because it was on where I was at...but never saw it as a valid choice for news. 

I was a devoted CNN viewer for years...until they became obsessed with the cartoon that Trump became. I grew tired of the Neverending pablum they spewed with every story skewed anti Trump regardless of the overall value of the issue...and I despise Trump. I wat h neither now.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, nic said:

2 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

I have never, and I mean never, dialed up Fox News by choice. Maybe saw it because it was on where I was at...but never saw it as a valid choice for news. 

I was a devoted CNN viewer for years...until they became obsessed with the cartoon that Trump became. I grew tired of the Neverending pablum they spewed with every story skewed anti Trump regardless of the overall value of the issue...and I despise Trump. I wat h neither now.

CNN can be obsessed with or dislike Trump and Fox News and still be moderate. As I posted before, CNN can suck at reporting the news but that doesn't make them left wing.

• Plus1 2