The Republican Utopia

It just depends who is in charge. When Trump was doing operation warp speed and was promising a vaccine by the election there were many democrats including our VP, that made comments about not taking a drug that was produced so fast and that was endorsed by Trump. If Trump had won, Dems would have the lower vaccination rates. That said, it makes no sense for Repubs to be openly applauding and advocating to not take it. It is indeed political. Everything is. I have the vaccine on-board, but if someone comes to my door and asks if I have taken it, I will politely tell them it's none of their business. If they persist I will forcefully tell them again. If they still persist I will get my baseball bat. :) Bottom line is I am pretty sure someone in the government can find out whether I got vaccinated. I am also not going to shame people into taking it. If they are adults, I would suggest they do however. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

10 minutes ago, nic said:

It just depends who is in charge. When Trump was doing operation warp speed and was promising a vaccine by the election there were many democrats including our VP, that made comments about not taking a drug that was produced so fast and that was endorsed by Trump. If Trump had won, Dems would have the lower vaccination rates. That said, it makes no sense for Repubs to be openly applauding and advocating to not take it. It is indeed political. Everything is. I have the vaccine on-board, but if someone comes to my door and asks if I have taken it, I will politely tell them it's none of their business. If they persist I will forcefully tell them again. If they still persist I will get my baseball bat. :) Bottom line is I am pretty sure someone in the government can find out whether I got vaccinated. I am also not going to shame people into taking it. If they are adults, I would suggest they do however. 

i believe most were saying that if trump said it was ready they wouldn't believe him...but if the medical experts said it was ready they would take the vaccine.   

• Plus1 5
13 minutes ago, commando said:

i believe most were saying that if trump said it was ready they wouldn't believe him...but if the medical experts said it was ready they would take the vaccine.   

What if they both said it was ready? would it tainted by the Trumpster? :P I was skeptical of a drug made that fast. I hope wasn’t right.

• Plus1 1
Just now, nic said:

What if they both said it was ready? would it tainted by the Trumpster? :P I was skeptical of a drug made that fast. I hope wasn’t right.

if the medical experts say it's ready i trust them.   i don't trust the conman ex president.   if both said it was ready i would trust the experts even though trump was saying it also.

• Plus1 2

12 hours ago, commando said:

Yup. Paraphrasing people like Harris while leaving out key words or intent is a strawman.

No one trusted anything trump did. All the sane people want a vaccine, but were rightly hesitant about trump and his motives. Then Pfizer produced their own vaccine and, because trump had pretty much nothing to do with it, confidence was high. 

16 hours ago, nic said:

Not sure why you would be scared to say if you got it or not. I mean I've never been scared to tell people if I got the common flu shot. 

Frankly, not sure why they'd even ask. Maybe they would, but when I got my 2 shots, they took my information. This entire knocking on the door thing is being completely over blown and dramatized by folks who hate people from the gurverment. Cause, this a Amurica and they can beat up anyone who comes knocking on their property. 

That's dumb. Just close your door and leave the baseball bats or whatever you have leaning up against the lead paint walls alone. 

16 hours ago, commando said:

Trump constantly said wacko things like injecting bleach in people to kill the virus.  And.....people are baffled by the fact that Harris said she wouldn't take the vaccine based on what Trump said, but would listen to scientists and take it when they said it was safe?  Her comments sound pretty reasonable to me.

• Plus1 3

57 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Trump constantly said wacko things like injecting bleach in people to kill the virus. 

He actually didn’t tell people to inject bleach or say that it works.  But you know that.  You follow Trump close enough obviously by your posts to know he thinks and asks questions out loud.  He also in that same press conference asked about UV therapy which people made fun of him about till it was shown that the therapy is actually under development.  

• Plus1 3
7 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

He actually didn’t tell people to inject bleach or say that it works.  But you know that.  You follow Trump close enough obviously by your posts to know he thinks and asks questions out loud.  He also in that same press conference asked about UV therapy which people made fun of him about till it was shown that the therapy is actually under development.  

I don't know but spitballing at a press conference when the country was hurting, scared, and in need of leadership was moronic at best especially when he had experts in the field waiting in the wings to professionally address the situation. 

But no like all narcissists he had to he the hero of the day.  Funny though that by speaking as he did he confirmed just how out of his element he was.  He showed his complete ignorance of the situation.  He made a baffoon of himself and torpedoed his reelection chances that day. 

Of course he'd end up not self reflecting but dragging Lady Liberty through his paranoid vision of what caused his subsequent trouncing.  You know this.  Not sure why you'd try to spin this gem.  If he's going to spitball when he's out of his element, do it in a private briefing.  

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Oh….that’s right…he said we could inject disinfectant. 

That makes a world of difference.  

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Not sure why you would be scared to say if you got it or not. I mean I've never been scared to tell people if I got the common flu shot. 

Frankly, not sure why they'd even ask. Maybe they would, but when I got my 2 shots, they took my information. This entire knocking on the door thing is being completely over blown and dramatized by folks who hate people from the gurverment. Cause, this a Amurica and they can beat up anyone who comes knocking on their property. 

That's dumb. Just close your door and leave the baseball bats or whatever you have leaning up against the lead paint walls alone. 

I don’t like soliciting. I actually feel bad for them. I also don’t like strangers asking personal questions, and I was joking about the baseball bat. I think you took this too seriously. Besides, it’s in the garage and it would take to long to go get it.:P

• Plus1 2
10 hours ago, NebraskaHarry said:

That's fine, but @nic didn't say he was scared, you said that.

He said if anyone ask, it's none of they business.  And kindly hinted the gov't knows if you got vax or not, regardless.

He also kindly reminded the liberals, that the former President was highly outspoken for getting vaccinations for the people of our country (Sept thru Nov) as quickly and safely as possible.  Including getting some military personnel to help deploy it.  The liberals and democrats all laughed and  tweeted each day with a heavy dose of push back, as everyone recalls, citing it was "unrealistic" to do that so soon and quickly.......and their party was focusing on getting thru the elections (hint: diversion).  Then hypocritically, the new guy said it was fast track for operation vax.  LOL like he had anything to do with it. 

It's real sad how liberals and democrats and left winger dingers choose to forget that.

I could be wrong on the interpretation, but I feel like that is what he was saying and you took it a different way.

• Plus1 4