The Republican Utopia

34 minutes ago, admo said:

That's fine, but @nic didn't say he was scared, you said that.

He said if anyone ask, it's none of they business.  And kindly hinted the gov't knows if you got vax or not, regardless.

He also kindly reminded the liberals, that the former President was highly outspoken for getting vaccinations for the people of our country (Sept thru Nov) as quickly and safely as possible.  Including getting some military personnel to help deploy it.  The liberals and democrats all laughed and  tweeted each day with a heavy dose of push back, as everyone recalls, citing it was "unrealistic" to do that so soon and quickly.......and their party was focusing on getting thru the elections (hint: diversion).  Then hypocritically, the new guy said it was fast track for operation vax.  LOL like he had anything to do with it. 

It's real sad how liberals and democrats and left winger dingers choose to forget that.

I could be wrong on the interpretation, but I feel like that is what he was saying and you took it a different way.

The former guy was not, in fact, pushing vaccinations. Still isn't, and none of the party line speakers are, either. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The former guy was not, in fact, pushing vaccinations. Still isn't, and none of the party line speakers are, either. 

I encourage you to watch the first 6 minutes.  It's here for you.

It's from October 23, 2020 (8 months ago).   President Trump answers  questions about covid.  He talks about vaccinations (names J&J, Pfizer, Moderna) and is clearly pushing for it. He says as soon as they are ready, he has military assistance ready to help roll it out.

When the same question is asked of biden, he uses his time to run down the president (of course, dodge the question), bring up deaths (of course) and his plan is "to encourage to wear a mask".  He says he will come up with a plan to fix it. 

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, admo said:

It's from October 23, 2020 (8 months ago).   President Trump answers  questions about covid.  He talks about vaccinations (names J&J, Pfizer, Moderna) and is clearly pushing for it. He says as soon as they are ready, he has military assistance ready to help roll it out.

When the same question is asked of biden, he uses his time to run down the president (of course, dodge the question), bring up deaths (of course) and his plan is "to encourage to wear a mask".  He says he will come up with a plan to fix it. 

Do you have any videos from after the election of the FG pushing for the country to get vaccinated?  You know the timeframe from when he lost the election up until now?  Anything from the time when there wasn't something in it for him to be encouraging the country to get vaccinated?  Possibly some evidence of him being the face of the vaccination drive due to his motivation to save lives and just be a decent human being?  

Thanks

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, admo said:

So he had to be asked about it during a campaign debate, and he hasn't said anything about it since despite his obviously overwhelming influence with Republicans. 

You're really proving my point here, you know?

And President Biden has gotten nearly 70% of eligible Americans vaccinated in just the first six months of his term, despite a year of misinformation from the bloated orange cheeto. 

Thanks, President Biden! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

So he had to be asked about it during a campaign debate, and he hasn't said anything about it since despite his obviously overwhelming influence with Republicans. 

Not true.  Why do you do constantly make up s#!t like this in threads that you know to be false.  I seem to have to do this to you quite often. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/trump-tells-supporters-to-get-vaccinated/ar-BB1eETGf

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/mar/04/rachel-maddow/what-trump-said-encourage-covid-19-vaccine-use/

"The Vaccine and the Vaccine rollout are getting the best of reviews," Trump tweeted Dec. 17, one day before the Food and Drug Administration cleared a second vaccine for use. "Moving along really well. Get those ‘shots’ everyone!"

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/541728-fauci-very-nice-that-trump-told-people-to-get-vaccinated-at-cpac

https://www.thewrap.com/trump-fox-news-covid-19-vaccine/

https://nypost.com/2021/04/19/trumps-urges-americans-to-get-vaccines-takes-shot-at-jj-pause/

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 2
36 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Not true.  Why do you do constantly make up s#!t like this in threads that you know to be false.  I seem to have to do this to you quite often. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/trump-tells-supporters-to-get-vaccinated/ar-BB1eETGf

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/mar/04/rachel-maddow/what-trump-said-encourage-covid-19-vaccine-use/

"The Vaccine and the Vaccine rollout are getting the best of reviews," Trump tweeted Dec. 17, one day before the Food and Drug Administration cleared a second vaccine for use. "Moving along really well. Get those ‘shots’ everyone!"

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/541728-fauci-very-nice-that-trump-told-people-to-get-vaccinated-at-cpac

https://www.thewrap.com/trump-fox-news-covid-19-vaccine/

https://nypost.com/2021/04/19/trumps-urges-americans-to-get-vaccines-takes-shot-at-jj-pause/

I didn't know it to be false. I appreciate the correction. Thanks! 

So he's barely kinda sorta endorsed getting a vaccine twice after spending A YEAR making light of the virus, and suggesting things like disinfectant injections and light therapy instead of the vaccine. 

And let's not forget hydroxychloroquine!  What a boondoggle that was!  And he got two people killed on that one. Good job, trump! That's a person I'd be proud to defend. 

Trump’s comments marked only the second time he publicly endorsed the coronavirus vaccine since the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine was approved for emergency use by the Food and Drug Administration in December. The first came during his CPAC speech on February 28 when he did so in an even more perfunctory way in the middle of attacking President Joe Biden.

“He [Biden] got his vaccine. He forgot. It shows you how unpainful all that vaccine shot is. So, everybody, go get your shot,” Trump said. “He forgot, so it wasn’t very traumatic obviously, but he got his shot, and it’s good that he got his shot.”

There’s a big reason Trump’s comments about coronavirus vaccines matter. An NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll released last week found that 47 percent of Trump supporters say they won’t get vaccinated. Other polls have shown that up to 57 percent of Republican men are vaccine hesitant, meaning Trump’s base is more vaccine hesitant than any other group in America. Given that backdrop, Trump received a measure of praise for his Fox News comments from people who are usually critical of him — the hope being that perhaps it persuaded some people to get the jab.

And since scientists estimate that somewhere between 70 and 85 percent of American adults need to be vaccinated for the country to achieve herd immunity and defeat the spread of the coronavirus, Trump using his platform as the country’s most popular Republican to dissuade doubt his supporters have could affect positive change. It could help the country open schools and businesses sooner, and save lives by bringing the pandemic to a swifter conclusion.

Yet Trump is still trying to have it both ways.

Trump wants credit for the very vaccines he can’t bring himself to unequivocally endorse

The irony is Trump is refusing to speak out forcefully on behalf of coronavirus vaccines at the same time he’s trying to take credit for their very existence.

“I hope everyone remembers when they’re getting the Covid-19 (often referred to as the China Virus) Vaccine, that if I wasn’t President, you wouldn’t be getting that beautiful ‘shot’ for 5 years, at best, and probably wouldn’t be getting it at all,” Trump claimed earlier this month in one of his tweet-like statements. “I hope everyone remembers!”

Trump, however, has a long history of denigrating vaccines. Before he ran for president in 2015 and then also on the campaign trail, he repeatedly tried to link childhood vaccines with autism, even though the science is clear that there is no link.

If the guys at the top actually deserve the credit (big if), Trump gets it for getting the vaccine out quickly and getting distribution started. Biden gets it for continued distribution. You will convince me any differently. They both pushed the vaccine, and I haven’t heard much from Trump since they banned him from social media, but I don’t think he has said not to get it. Didn’t Trump and his family even publicly get the vaccine? I don’t remember now. I guess it didn’t make a difference to me whether he did or did not. I made my own choice to take the chance and get it, and I didn’t make that choice for me either. I was willing to wait, but I also wanted to see people that were at risk without acting like we both had leprosy. 

Wasn’t (isn’t) Luis Farrakhan posting to his followers on social media NOT to get the vaccine? Didn’t it take a long time for social media to finally start to censor those posts. Isn’t the vaccination rate in the black community really low? I didn’t  see much outrage toward Farrakhan other than the right wing media screaming about social media hypocrisy.

bottom line is that it is unfortunate to see people pushing not to get the vaccine.  It’s also irritating to watch people shame others into getting it. It’s too bad politics and media bias weigh into people’s decision on this.

• Plus1 4

39 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I didn't know it to be false.

I find this statement to be false too

40 minutes ago, knapplc said:

So he's barely kinda sorta endorsed getting a vaccine twice

This one also is false.  I gave you 4 times in the actual post you replied to:dunno

42 minutes ago, knapplc said:

And let's not forget hydroxychloroquine!  What a boondoggle that was!  And he got two people killed on that one. Good job, trump! That's a person I'd be proud to defend. 

This is another falsehood as the esteemed Senator from Minnesota would attest to.  Many, many doctors across the globe would also disagree with your assessment on HCQ and so would published studies. 

Everyone knows your hatred for Trump.  He has made enough bone headed statements and some dumb decisions that could talk about.  Why constantly make up other s#!t to lie about?  

Might have to start up a fact check service for your posts.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2
Just now, Archy1221 said:

This is another falsehood as the esteemed Senator from Minnesota would attest to.  Many, many doctors across the globe would also disagree with your assessment on HCQ and so would published studies. 

https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov/therapies/antiviral-therapy/chloroquine-or-hydroxychloroquine-and-or-azithromycin/

However, despite demonstrating antiviral activity in some in vitro systems, neither hydroxychloroquine plus azithromycin nor hydroxychloroquine alone reduced upper or lower respiratory tract viral loads or demonstrated clinical efficacy in a rhesus macaque model.

The COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines Panel (the Panel) recommends against the use of chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine and/or azithromycin for the treatment of COVID-19 in hospitalized patients (AI) and in nonhospitalized patients (AIIa).

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-020-77748-x

Despite the scarcity of published data of good quality, the effectiveness and safety of either HCQ alone or in combination with AZM in treating COVID-19 cannot be assured.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/07/scicheck-no-new-revelation-on-hydroxychloroquine-and-covid-19/

Randomized controlled trials — the highest standard of evidence — have found that hydroxychloroquine isn’t beneficial in treating hospitalized COVID-19 patients. Yet social media posts are claiming the drug works, and conservative outlets have touted an unpublished, and much-criticized, observational study as evidence of the drug’s effectiveness.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1