The Republican Utopia

On 7/14/2021 at 8:00 AM, knapplc said:

Not remotely to the same degree.

I'll never understand the need to defend this guy. Help me understand why people stick up for him.

I was reading an article on CNN trying to correlate anti-vax folks with people who believe Biden didn’t legitimately win the 2020. They sited that 1/3 of the people who believe the latter have been vaccinated. They noted one prominent figure in that camp, who also has urged people to get the vaccine. 

“Former President Donald Trump, for example, is a big promoter of false conspiracy theories about the election but he actually has gotten the vaccine and has urged others to get vaccinated.”

They also mentioned Republicans who were pushing the vaccine late last year who are no longer pushing it due to conspiracy theories or misinformation. For misinformation, the article sited Rand Paul who is not taking it due to natural immunity. I know many that fall into this camp. For conspiracy theories, they sited a Congressman who was worried about the government invading people’s privacy and ultimately taking their guns away. Seems like a stretch, but this would fall into the distrust of government category I have mentioned in other posts. Lastly they cited that since kids and younger folks have had minor reactions to this virus, there isn’t a feeling of urgency to get vaccinated. I think most of this jives with what I have observed, other than the taking of guns part.

• Plus1 3

4 hours ago, nic said:

I was reading an article on CNN trying to correlate anti-vax folks with people who believe Biden didn’t legitimately win the 2020. They sited that 1/3 of the people who believe the latter have been vaccinated. They noted one prominent figure in that camp, who also has urged people to get the vaccine. 

“Former President Donald Trump, for example, is a big promoter of false conspiracy theories about the election but he actually has gotten the vaccine and has urged others to get vaccinated.”

They also mentioned Republicans who were pushing the vaccine late last year who are no longer pushing it due to conspiracy theories or misinformation. For misinformation, the article sited Rand Paul who is not taking it due to natural immunity. I know many that fall into this camp. For conspiracy theories, they sited a Congressman who was worried about the government invading people’s privacy and ultimately taking their guns away. Seems like a stretch, but this would fall into the distrust of government category I have mentioned in other posts. Lastly they cited that since kids and younger folks have had minor reactions to this virus, there isn’t a feeling of urgency to get vaccinated. I think most of this jives with what I have observed, other than the taking of guns part.

He got the vaccine in secret and didn't tell anyone for months. Not the endorsement you think it is.

Trump, former first lady quietly received Covid vaccine in January

President Joe Biden publicly received both doses of the Pfizer vaccine in an effort to boost confidence about its safety and efficacy

March 1, 2021  <------ NOTE THE DATE

Former President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump quietly received the Covid-19 vaccine at the White House in January, a Trump advisor told NBC News on Monday.

It is not clear which type of vaccine they received and they were not disclosed at the time by the Trump White House. The official White House photographer was also not present to document the event, according to an official with direct knowledge.

I also wondered today, whether most of the news media would actually cover it if Trump came out with a statement encouraging people to take the vaccine. I am not sure they would, because they would not want to give him the credit. Plus it would be prefaced by Trump bragging about how he got the vaccine out so quickly and him complaining about how the election was stolen.:D

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Scarlet said:

From a Republican U.S. representative.

"The commies are coming to force vaccinate you!!!!"

More fear mongering killing the base. 

Some liberals would consider that a bonus.;)

• Fire 1

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

What?

Sorry. Bad joke. I was reading about this person at the time. 

"Today, the Virginia PTA executive committee requested and received the resignation of Michelle Leete, who served as Vice President of Training,"...

“Let's deny this off-key band of people that are anti-education, anti-teacher, anti-equity, anti-history, anti-racial … anti-opportunities, anti-help people, anti-diversity, [inaudible], anti-science, anti-change agent, anti-social justice, anti-health care, anti-worker, anti-LGBTQ+, anti-children, anti-health care, anti-worker, anti-environment, anti-admissions policy change, anti-inclusion, anti-live and let live – let them die!" Leete said in a video. 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Fauci setting the record straight over the ignorance being spewed by the feckless little dentist... optometrist, whatever he claims to be.  

Listen closely to the words Fauci actually said in his testimony.  Fauci never denied funding gain of function research that did not lead to the Covid-19.  He only would say NIH/NIAD did not directly fund gain of function at WIV.  He seems to always put that WIV qualifier in there. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Listen closely to the words Fauci actually said in his testimony.  Fauci never denied funding gain of function research that did not lead to the Covid-19.  He only would say NIH/NIAD did not directly fund gain of function at WIV.  He seems to always put that WIV qualifier in there. 

Wrong again.  And like your buddy, you do not know what you are talking about.

At the 25 second mark of the first video he explains it.  "This paper that you are referring to was judged by qualified staff up and down the chain as not being gain of function."

Then the optometrist puts his foot in his mouth and Fauci confirms, "Senator Paul you do not know what you are talking about"

But go ahead, believe a political hack  over an epidemiologist.  

• Plus1 4
2 hours ago, Scarlet said:
5 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Wrong again.  And like your buddy, you do not know what you are talking about

Sorry dude, but you are living in an alternate reality.  He is actively moving the goalposts on what gain of function research is as noted by the 200 Scientists from the Cambridge work group on that same paper.  Or are you anti-Science now?  

• Plus1 2