The Republican Utopia

11 hours ago, Enhance said:

Correct - I don't find explicitly find him offensive. I find him to be a poor politician and a poor leader.

I think DeSantis is a tale of two people: one is a conservative-minded man that beholds to what we would probably all consider traditional, conservative values (i.e. smaller government, pro-life, stiff enforcement of immigration laws) and the other is a man who seemingly exists as the right's equivalent of a "woke liberal..." often appearing more interested in dunking on libs and berating people who have the audacity to contradict or question him.

Policy-wise, his obsession over banning CRT was and continues to be more of a boogeyman than an actual issue facing his state. He tried to enact a number of orders and policies to prevent mask mandates, limit vaccination requirements, and stop companies from asking about vaccination statuses, seemingly more interested in an individual's right to health than the risk posed to the larger community. And he has previously supported pro-life legislation that does not include abortion exclusions for rape and incest, something I disagree with.

These are just a few, but for a man who claims to be a conservative, he sure tries to iron grip his way into getting things he wants. Not very "small government" of him.

But, even if somebody agrees with his policies, one of the larger issues remains - he is categorically obsessed with fighting liberals and propping up issues that I don't think are near as important as others. That's not becoming of a leader, and frankly, it's exhausting. He often spends more fighting the 'woke liberal agenda' than he does talking about and fighting problems in his state... like their affordable housing and healthcare crises. He gets seemingly more aroused pandering to Fauci-haters than he does addressing crazy property insurance increases. He rarely exhibits qualities becoming of a true leader in his quest to rid liberalism from his state and the country, acting like some bastion of truth.

He's an opposition politician, not a leader.

Appreciate the feedback.  Gives me a good understanding of your concerns.  Obviously I fall into a different camp about him and think some of those are sensationalized but I don’t discount your feelings/concerns towards him at all. 

• Plus1 4

19 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

I would like an apology for Biden not canceling my student loan debt :lol: doubt I'll get it

Nor would you deserve it. 

20 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

What does Rittenhouse want an apology for that he deserves acknowledgment from Biden on?

Probably the whole referring to him as white supremacist comment.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Ehhhh, unless Joe wants to provide his proof of that kid being a White Supremacist, then yes he does.  

The ones that should be apologizing are the adults around him. Instead of saying, “ok, you get off and you were probably in the definition of self defense, but you screwed up by even taking the gun with you. Stop acting like you are some hero”.  Instead, the adults around him are parading home around like they worship him. 

• Plus1 2