The Republican Utopia

4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

People can dress up however the heck they feel like.  They can call themselves man women cat dog or whatever and that doesn’t bother me either.  doesn’t mean I need to go along with it though.  

Also, No one deserves to be able to one day say they are now another sex and be able to compete in sporting events with that sex.   And that’s my biggest issue with it.   

That is quite bit more nuanced than simply saying “yep” to blowhard’s comment.

BTW, I agree that sports should be limited to the biological sex people are born as. A guy that has transitioned to or identifies as female has no business competing against girls. Period. But I think that is an issue for the respective governing bodies (ncaa etc.) to issue rules on and not some sort of party plank.

• TBH 2
5 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Whatever you need to tell yourself. It must be hard toting all that water.

I’m quite comfortable with my mainstream position on the issue.   It must be hard not understand men should compete with men and women compete with women in sports.  That men use the men’s bathroom and women use the women’s bathroom.   Pretty simple stuff.  Outside of that, if someone wants to dress however they want, who cares.  Still doesn’t make them a different biological person.  

• TBH 1

Now, let's just step back for a minute and think about this.  This guy gets this triggered because Bud Light simply has an advertising campaign focussed on gay people.

Let's then think about what would happen if this guy had a child that came home and told him he was gay.

I think we can realize why schools/teachers/counselors need to be able to have conversations with kids that the parents aren't included in.

• Plus1 3
14 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

That is quite bit more nuanced than simply saying “yep” to blowhard’s comment.

BTW, I agree that sports should be limited to the biological sex people are born as. A guy that has transitioned to or identifies as female has no business competing against girls. Period. But I think that is an issue for the respective governing bodies (ncaa etc.) to issue rules on and not some sort of party plank.

The thing is, everyone agrees with this but now people are scared to admit that they agree with this.  Which is nuts.

Turns out this was a documentary

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Now, let's just step back for a minute and think about this.  This guy gets this triggered because Bud Light simply has an advertising campaign focussed on gay people.

Let's then think about what would happen if this guy had a child that came home and told him he was gay.

I think we can realize why schools/teachers/counselors need to be able to have conversations with kids that the parents aren't included in.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wow, you are really coming around on your stances :)

I sort of disagree though, I don't want to talk to a student about anything like "that", that is their business to discuss with their family.  Crazy parents would freak out on teachers even more.  No thanks!

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, GSG said:

Is it finally time to suggest that a person must score higher than 75 on an IQ test to be able to vote?  Sure 76-84 is still classified as borderline mental disability but I think the 75 threshold should be sufficient to weed out most hardcore Republicans, MAGA goofs and this chud.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
18 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Is it finely time to suggest that a person must score higher than 75 on an IQ test to be able to vote?  Sure 76-84 is still classified as borderline mental disability but I think the 75 threshold should be sufficient to weed out most hardcore Republicans, MAGA goofs and this chud.

Count me in for this proposal.   It’s gonna eliminate a lot of both D and R votes from the clueless class.   Let’s add an IQ test into the requirements for gun ownership too

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1