The Republican Utopia

12 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

"... the bill was about saving the state money and has “nothing to do” with the candidates in the December special election, which saw Sen. Doug Jones (D) defeat Republican Roy Moore in a stunning upset."

So.....if the same situation came up a few years from now, they wouldn't have a Senator in that seat representing their state until the next regular election?

I wonder if it's because they were thoroughly embarrassed that a child molester almost won or thoroughly embarrassed that a Democrat did win.

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So.....if the same situation came up a few years from now, they wouldn't have a Senator in that seat representing their state until the next regular election?

I wonder if it's because they were thoroughly embarrassed that a child molester almost won or thoroughly embarrassed that a Democrat did win.

They would have a temporary selection by the govenor serving.

• Plus1 1

It's legitimately crazy that we live in a time when a story like this - the second pol who used taxpayer funds as hush money after sexual assault allegations from a staffer - just flies under the radar.

Or, the Larry Nassar case, for that matter.

What's more, this guy just announce he's planning to run for reelection.

• Plus1 1

After reading some about Scott Walker and his awful agenda I’m left with the same question as with many other awful candidates who get elected . Why does anyone vote for these people ??? 

Your post gives me a little insight into that . :thumbs

Edited by Big Red 40